Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, KingsX said:

In a late game, purely defensive situation, I don't see what we would lose with Coady over a tiring Vestergaard.  Not that we've seen him enough to be sure.

And Vesty was on that late yellow ...

We missed out earlier this season v Sheffield and West Brom in not bringing on Souttar when they were both lumping it in. The next game, Enzo did actually do it and had Souttar for the last 10

4 hours ago, zeurelious said:

And willpower let's face it you lot were lucky, in end to get 2 draws against us we battered you in the second half of both games our defence leaks too many silly goals but then that's the price we pay for our open expansive style of play one thing is for sure which ever teams go up this year will have well and truly earned it good luck to you  Ross itfc

This is a new one lol

Of all the Ipswich fans who have joined this forum, most have been looking to justify the games against us by telling us you are not that jammy every week but have acknowledged that you were in the games against us.

As others have said, clearly pens and red card missed and double deflected goals!

I agree you have some serious mental fortitude to continually be gaining points so often after 90 minutes. But to suggest you were anything other than fortunate in the games against us is clearly wrong based on the views of your own fans alone!

Seeing Sheff U and Burnley being embarrassingly shit every week, makes it even more annoying that we are a league below. I get we don't have a devine right to be in the prem and we were deservedly relegated but when teams go up you want to see some kind of fight/effort/quality like Luton have shown. The other 2 are an absolute embarrassment 

Edit: sorry I know its not totally championship related 

Edited by jayfox26

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I hope Ipswich have a couple of rough injuries

Your squad is worth I don’t know how many times ours 4? 5? Probably more tbh and it’s the same with saints and Leeds yet you feel the need to want Ipswich players injured because we won’t go away?

you won’t find anyone hoping winks gets hurt so we can keep on trying to reel you in on TWTD 

2 minutes ago, Midlands_tractor said:

Your squad is worth I don’t know how many times ours 4? 5? Probably more tbh and it’s the same with saints and Leeds yet you feel the need to want Ipswich players injured because we won’t go away?

you won’t find anyone hoping winks gets hurt so we can keep on trying to reel you in on TWTD 

I mean just take it as a sign that a lot of our fans are anxious about you. 

• Like 3

Just now, Midlands_tractor said:

Who cares how much it's worth.

Yes. I want to be promoted, anything that helps us achieve that, I'll want.

I want you to come up with us, but I think Leeds are too strong, so I want you to drop away.

Never understood people getting so offended by these sort of comments, but then people also get offended by helicopter gestures so :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Who cares how much it's worth.

Yes. I want to be promoted, anything that helps us achieve that, I'll want.

I want you to come up with us, but I think Leeds are too strong, so I want you to drop away.

Never understood people getting so offended by these sort of comments, but then people also get offended by helicopter gestures so :dunno:

Wouldn’t you rather win it than have it by default or be gifted it though?

Guest glasgowfox
9 minutes ago, Midlands_tractor said:

Can at least you go away though :dunno:

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I couldn't care less lol

Do we look back at the FA Cup and care that VAR won it for us?

Not the same as removing opposition players by injury. VAR corrected it did not take away from Chelsea really. We earnt it, weren’t given it, so it tastes even better. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not the same as removing opposition players by injury. VAR corrected it did not take away from Chelsea really. We earnt it, weren’t given it, so it tastes even better. 

FFS I've asked for a little nigging injury that keeps them out for a few weeks not a terminal illness lol

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

FFS I've asked for a little nigging injury that keeps them out for a few weeks not a terminal illness lol

So basically you are a monster. :ph34r:

I get it, please make our stressful journey less so, I do get it.

Mini league of 12 games now between three teams and a fourth. We've been given a 6 point headstart. And given the best players in the division. 

In that mini group, we only need to finish second of four to go up. We could even finish third or fourth of the group and still go up. 

If we blow it, we have the play offs as a backstop. 

We'll be fine, won't we? 😶

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Midlands_tractor said:

You know it's 10x worse in the Prem right? You know, the league you're absolutely desperate to get into?

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You know it's 10x worse in the Prem right? You know, the league you're absolutely desperate to get into?

Wait until they find out about Man United, they'll have to make sure Tractorweb forum can handle 64 bit integers to display how much those nobbers spent on their squad lol

1 hour ago, Midlands_tractor said:

This squad value thing means nothing. Our main starting 11 in 2015/16 cost us about £20mill. Players like Fuchs and Albrighton on frees. Vardy £1mill, Wes Morgan and Schmeichel £1mill. Kante £5.5 mill and Mahrez £400k. If you’re looking at the amounts players were signed for, it far from tells the story. We have some players we massively overspent on and you have put together a squad competing really well (albeit you probably spent quite a bit by League 1 standards I’d imagine) for a lot less. That doesn’t mean those players aren’t worth a lot more. Omari Hutchinson is on loan so technically goes down as competing nothing but looks a quality player for example. Not sure what the likes of Chaplin cost but again, far better players than the fees suggest.

Own it. Take pride in it rather than going all Sean Dyche! 

I don’t think people should wish injuries on players. A cheeky suspension here or there yes. I think if you are being honest with yourself, you’d quite like to see that for us! To be fair though, you don’t need anything to derail us as we tend to do quite well at doing that ourselves at this time of year :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I too saw the Saints game and drew 0 parallels to how we are playing. They looked awful. We don’t 

They don’t look awful, they looked knackered. If you think we don’t look fatigued too then fair enough, we see the game differently 

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's bugger all to do with the perennial scapegoat Rudkin learning and it's an easy bandwagon to jump on, I'm sure sometimes people only do it to big themselves up and try and be popular. 

If the club, for whatever reasons, hadn't got the finances (which has been well alluded to by Enzo over and over again), then the chances are, they've not got the finances. It really is as simple as that and Rudkin and others can't do anything about it. You can't sell who nobody wants to buy or who doesn't want to go.

Why would they risk potential FFP issues just to keep a few whiney supporters happy? You and I haven't got the faintest idea of the finances or running of the club so why apportion blame to someone when you haven't a clue why other than total guesswork?

What you are proposing is that the Director Of Football isn’t responsible for negotiation of player’s salaries, lengths of contract, buying players, or selling players. Ie. The budgets and trading activity of the football element of a football club. 

If the above is true (it isn’t) then you’re right, the failure to strengthen the squad in January isn’t his fault.

If the above isn’t true then please explain what the role of DOF does involve, because it seems you’ve made it entirely redundant.

Or maybe I should just stop trying to be popular and not mention how terrible Rudkin is at his job

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder at what point Enzo points to us not strengthening in January in his press conferences as a factor in our struggles. It's coming.

It’s coming, because it’s absolutely blatantly obvious

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

They don’t look awful, they looked knackered. If you think we don’t look fatigued too then fair enough, we see the game differently 

We aren’t fatigued, we ran Leeds ragged for most of Friday. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

We aren’t fatigued, we ran Leeds ragged for most of Friday. 

I thought we looked dog tired for the last 15-20 mins of the game (as we have for the last few). We desperately needed subs to bring on that could add some energy and see the game over the line.

7 hours ago, Ricey said:

…and does Rudkin not have a part to play in those poor finances?

Signing poor players on big wages that we can’t shift? Disastrous transfer window last January? Relegation caused partially by Rudkin’s stubbornness to sack Rodgers? I could go on.

The fact that we couldn’t replace Casadei with another loan is probably more down to poor relationships with agents and clubs, rather than finances.

Your just making it up as you go along aren't you. 

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever about his relationships with other clubs and agents etc etc. Neither do you have any idea what Casadei was costing on loan or, IF a suitable other loan had been identified, what the cost of that one would be. 

As for Rodgers, do you really think it would have been Rudkin's to sack him or would that decision have to be made by the man that actually owns the club? 🤣

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Your just making it up as you go along aren't you. 

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever about his relationships with other clubs etc etc. Neither do you have any idea what Casadei was costing on loan or, IF a suitable other loan had been identified, what the cost of that one would be. 

As for Rodgers, do you really think it would have been Rudkin's to sack him or would that decision have to be made by the man that actually owns the club? 🤣

If you want informed evidence of Rudkin’s performance, the BSLB pod with Guillem Balague, a bloke far clued than all of us on here made a notable comment 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Seeing Sheff U and Burnley being embarrassingly shit every week, makes it even more annoying that we are a league below. I get we don't have a devine right to be in the prem and we were deservedly relegated but when teams go up you want to see some kind of fight/effort/quality like Luton have shown. The other 2 are an absolute embarrassment 

Edit: sorry I know its not totally championship related 

I sort of get what you are saying but both of them teams would be confident in getting at least 4 points from 2 games against our current side

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Mini league of 12 games now between three teams and a fourth. We've been given a 6 point headstart. And given the best players in the division. 

In that mini group, we only need to finish second of four to go up. We could even finish third or fourth of the group and still go up. 

If we blow it, we have the play offs as a backstop. 

We'll be fine, won't we? 😶

I think we need automatic promotion because I don't fancy us in the playoffs. It'll be a massive anticlimax and the pressure after being top for so long would be immense. In saying that an injury time winner against Ipswich in the play off final would as ironic as it would be sweet. preferably  a deflection. Unfortunately we'd have to sit through endless replays of Troy Deeney and maybe even Yann Kermogants missed penalty beforehand. Automatic should be our aim and hopefully it'll happen. 12 games is a lot and there will more twists to this season.  

• Like 2