Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We sold our 2 best players and lost 8 others, their squad seems intact at present. This is an issue for us. 

Lavia is on the verge of a move to Liverpool and JWP is unlikely to be there come the end of the window. The later you lose these players, the harder it is to replace them.

1 minute ago, Simmo86 said:

100% just hard reading people overreact over 45 mins of football 

Just the way it goes. I fully expect Southampton and us to go back up automatically, both clubs could argue that on paper the squads are too good to be in this league, and poor leadership has ultimately landed us where we are. If both of us apply ourselves we’re talented enough to both go up.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We sold our best 2 players, their squad is intact.

JWP won’t be there come the end of the window. 

And we sold them out of choice, so it would give us a financial cushion to spend pretty much what we want. 

Some fans need to just chill out, it’s been 45 minutes of football, and Southampton expectedly, look good…..  We’ve got a good squad that’s still improving. 

• Like 3

Just now, moore_94 said:

For now

Making massive assumptions with nearly a whole month of the transfer window left

I would argue that we've shifted ours at the right time. Plenty of time to use the funds to bring in replacements, minimising disruption by players who want out and eliminating uncertainty as to whether or not they're going to be here.

• Like 2

Just now, Bilo said:

Lavia is on the verge of a move to Liverpool and JWP is unlikely to be there come the end of the window. The later you lose these players, the harder it is to replace them.

If it changes it changes but its all if buts and maybes at present. I am basing it on squads as they stand for the first few games, we aren't at this level.

We might get there is the club can do the right business. Its fair to say after Rudkins recent record, it's hard to trust the recruitment. After all, that is why we are where we are with a average squad and tge biggest wage bill! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

For now

Making massive assumptions with nearly a whole month of the transfer window left

But making assumptions on our future business when the club in the past 4 years hasn't exactly excelled in recruitment. 

I agree things could change, but as it stands they are better than us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

If it changes it changes but its all if buts and maybes at present. I am basing it on squads as they stand for the first few games, we aren't at this level.

We might get there is the club can do the right business. Its fair to say after Rudkins recent record, it's hard to trust the recruitment. After all, that is why we are where we are with a average squad and tge biggest wage bill! 

Vardy is better than any of there strikers even at this age and Ricardo is better than any player they have, Nacho on his day also and many others. 

Under Enzo the application will be there, we have also bought a good Keeper and have players like Justin, VK, Faes, Winks to mention a few, I think you an under estimating us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Also the goalscorer Tella

The lateness of these outgoings would worry me if I were connected with them. They could leave on deadline day and give Southampton a bucket load of cash they can't spend until January and a paper thin squad.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

JWP won’t be there come the end of the window. 

And we sold them out of choice, so it would give us a financial cushion to spend pretty much what we want. 

Some fans need to just chill out, it’s been 45 minutes of football, and Southampton expectedly, look good…..  We’ve got a good squad that’s still improving. 

If that's the case why are we fannying around so much, like we always do with Rudkin at the helm.

I still think there are too many here who got us into this mess, who think they are 'better' than the club.

Time will tell of course. I hope you are correct but I don't have much faith in the clubs senior leadership to get it right. 

Am I the only one thinking the Soton "dominance" is overstated? They've had tons of the ball, a given based on where they were and the manager they've got...but what have they done with it? They've playing a side who were league 1 last season and have had a turbulent summer.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Vardy is better than any of there strikers even at this age and Ricardo is better than any player they have, Nacho on his day also and many others. 

Under Enzo the application will be there, we have also bought a good Keeper and have players like Justin, VK, Faes, Winks to mention a few, I think you an under estimating us.

I hope you are correct, I guess Sunday will give us an idea. 

I personally feel Vardy is done at any level, but again I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Southampton's main centre forward has 4 goals in the past two seasons of the prem, even Daka has more than double that and he's the weakest of our strikers. 

As long as we can create chances, out strikers will score. 

22 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

we quite literally have not played a competitive game this season yet they look a better unit than us? Interesting

Did you read what I put in brackets? We have very little to go on, but we have played lower league opposition early in pre season, we lost, I don’t take much from that. We played Port FC and OH Leven in pre season and won by 1 goal in each, don’t take much from that either. But I have seen next to nothing to suggest to me we can put in a performance as dominant as this. But as I said, we have little to go on, since our pre season was poorly thought through, put politely. 

Coventry is a significantly tougher test than Sheffield Wednesday. They are playing the same system under the same manager as last season, so I have limited expectations. Look how Burnley started last season. I don’t see us flying out of the blocks (would love to be wrong), but what we look like in 1-2 months should give us a good idea of what to expect for the rest of the year. 

Edited by FoxesWalk