Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

16 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Some of the takes on here are ridiculous, aren't they?

Declaring Southampton champions 30 minutes into a game against a side who squeaked into this division by a gnat's cock. 

Performative pessimism that's every bit as nonsensical as those unironically thinking we're all aboard HMS Piss The League.

Mental. Spent the past week reading it but the football has started now so we’ll know soon enough who was right and who was wrong.

I can certainly see the similarities between Russell's style of play and Rodgers. Lots of short passes in possession with little forward movement, and whilst it's clearly still very early days I haven't been that impressed with them out of possession as they seem to press individually rather than as a collective unit. That said the gulf in class between these two sides is startling. Wednesday haven't got anywhere near them. 

Edited by ian__marshall

8 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I can certainly see the similarities between Russell's style of play and Rodgers. Lots of short passes in possession with little forward movement, and whilst it's clearly still very early days I haven't been that impressed with them out of possession as they seem to press individually rather than as a collective unit. That said the gulf in class between these two sides is startling. Wednesday haven't got anywhere near them. 

And concede from a corner

Edited by Big Dave
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

we quite literally have not played a competitive game this season yet they look a better unit than us? Interesting

I am very pleased that Wednesday are making me look like an idiot now 😂

• Haha 1

Be a very tricky first few months for saints, us and Leeds I think. Things will start to pan out properly at the turn of the year I reckon, that’s when we’ll know who the actual front runners are. 

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

They have two strikers have proven records in the division. Problem is their manager isn’t direct enough 

Spot on. Was a terrible appointment. They've got strikers who can tear this division a new one.