Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Ipswich's style is refreshing to watch.  Portman Road isn't short on excitement for sure, but if they go up (and I hope they do), they're going to have to play differently otherwise they'll be smashed most weeks.

• Like 1

Hope those that called Kieran McKenna "Brendan Mk2" last season have noticed how talented he is.

As for us, if we are still in top 2 after Southampton match (providing that is our league match after Hull), I still fancy us to win the league

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

Ipswich's style is refreshing to watch.  Portman Road isn't short on excitement for sure, but if they go up (and I hope they do), they're going to have to play differently otherwise they'll be smashed most weeks.

I watched most of their game alongside ours and although we were dreadful, so were they until the final ten...

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think we just need to calm down a bit. Ipswich are on a great run that absolutely will not continue (as in they won’t win every game) they have a tricky bunch of matches coming up. I’ve had the game on in the background tonight and Bristol City really should’ve had it dead and buried, Ipswich are loose and vulnerable. 

They surely can't keep getting the luck they've had so far this season. I know they say you create your own luck but they have had some serious luck this season. Taking nothing away from what they've achieved but at some point, their luck will run out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Reading match reports looks like all three at the top tonight had fortune - all had long spells of the game being poor 

Leeds we lucky according to a few mates that were there. 

Long way to go, going to be exciting that's for sure. 

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not sure many called him that ? Russell Martin yes. But I don't recall anyone calling McKenna that?

Saw quite a few quoting him that Brendan was an inspiration to him and that they'd be exactly the same after we'd just got rid of him.

Actually think the Martin comparison to Brendan is absolutely on the money.

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I think people need to remember this.

Yeh we were a bit crap tonight but the other teams also have games where they play crap. 

We are all going to drop more points. 

• Like 3

Just now, LVFox said:

Saw quite a few quoting him that Brendan was an inspiration to him and that they'd be exactly the same after we'd just got rid of him.

Actually think the Martin comparison to Brendan is absolutely on the money.

Not sure I remember that but hey ho. 

10 to go, win 8 and we are up and that's with Leeds and Ipswich both winning all there games (which they won't) 

Would rather be in our position that anyone else's. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Judging from their forum, Leeds fans are just as concerned by their performance tonight as we are with ours…

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Judging from their forum, Leeds fans are just as concerned by their performance tonight as we are with ours…

Well they are in a worse position, having to chase Ipswich, not surprised. Plus up against 10 again and made hard work of it 

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Exactly, they will feel even more pressure especially with Ipswich winning. 

It's out of their hands currently.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well they are in a worse position, having to chase Ipswich, not surprised. Plus up against 10 again and made hard work of it 

Southampton away on the last day is a horrible one for them

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Exactly, they will feel even more pressure especially with Ipswich winning. 

It's out of their hands currently.... 

The more I think of it, the more the heat is on Leeds. They sense their peak cycle is gonna end soon and by the time they recover it,. promotion could be gone. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Southampton away on the last day is a horrible one for them

They are at home but yeah it could be horrible. Just depends though as if Southampton can't go up and are in the playoffs then they are likely to rest players 

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For all the plaudits…Points gained after 75min mark:

Ipswich 15

Southampton 14

Leicester 11

Leeds 9 

Feels like a stat needs to be broken into 1st half and 2nd half of the season.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

The more I think of it, the more the heat is on Leeds. They sense their peak cycle is gonna end soon and by the time they recover it,. promotion could be gone. 

Pressure does horrible things to people, it's going to be tough they only have to slip up once or twice and they are screwed.