Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Incredible what Ipswich are doing. I know alot of people call them lucky or jammy but you make your own luck. They attack right to the death like we need to, and it regularly pays off for them.

• Like 4

Watched it after our game. The difference in intensity is chalk and cheese with us. It’s no wonder they get back into games so often. Why do we insist on this plodding control when a team is at its most vulnerable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Watched it after our game. The difference in intensity is chalk and cheese with us. It’s no wonder they get back into games so often. Why do we insist on this plodding control when a team is at its most vulnerable 

Beginning to remind me of last season where the other teams fighting relegation looked like their lives depended on it. Intensity and commitment in their play. Meanwhile, we strolled around like we were comfortably mid table with nothing to play for. 

I appreciate that enzo wants us to be in control of games and that doesn’t necessarily fit in with that. However, at the business end of the season where the opposition either needs the points or views us as a scalp, I fear it will make life very difficult for us unless we manage to start converting our early chances into two goal leads. 

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

tbf the last 15mins dont reflect the whole game, the Ipswich keeper had to make a worldie save and the bar saved them from going 2 behind; and if we played like Ipswich do im pretty sure some of our fans would be moaning we cant defend and need to stop letting in goals

anyone see the Hull goal from last night? dunno how Tufan got away with that

20 more points will definitely do it, 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. We may not need that many because I can’t see our rivals continuing on these ridiculous winning sequence runs but we have to keep pushing ahead. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Incredible what Ipswich are doing. I know alot of people call them lucky or jammy but you make your own luck. They attack right to the death like we need to, and it regularly pays off for them.

Set plays and twatting it long for flick ons like it's 2009.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Maybe having a full ground behind them until the final whistle helps.

Our lot are pouring out on 85 , so if we did do something like Ipswich late on, they'd be 1000's of our fans that would not witness it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Still think Ipswich will drop off again.

The thing is people have been saying this since game 5 or 6 this season, reality is we have 10 games left and it is rocking at their place. Them and Leeds are currently the 2 best teams in the league and we need a good sharp kick up our arses or we'll be ending up in the play-offs and I tell you now, I would not back us in the play-offs at all right now. 

Hoping there's a meeting at Seagrave with the players today to explain how big these next 10 games are and for them all to pull their fingers out.

• Like 1

Think a result on Saturday is massive given the context of potentially not being in the top two cos the Cup on 16th. However, the fixtures difficulty for rivals goes pretty nuts in early April. Those two match days are going to be pivotal. 

E-Monday

LCFC v Norwich

Ipswich v Saints

Leeds v Hull

6 Apr

Blackburn v Saints

Coventry v Leeds

Leicester v Brum

Norwich v Ipswich

15 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

The thing is people have been saying this since game 5 or 6 this season, reality is we have 10 games left and it is rocking at their place. Them and Leeds are currently the 2 best teams in the league and we need a good sharp kick up our arses or we'll be ending up in the play-offs and I tell you now, I would not back us in the play-offs at all right now. 

Hoping there's a meeting at Seagrave with the players today to explain how big these next 10 games are and for them all to pull their fingers out.

And Ipswich went 1 win in 9 a few months back and yet only 3 points behind us!

1 hour ago, smallpauldj said:

23rd to 16th separated by just 2 points, at least we're not in that scrap. 

And we don't play the bulk of our remaining games against teams in there until the latter part of the season so hopefully some of them are much closer to being home and hosed (Plymouth, Millwall, Brum, Blackburn)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t have a small squad 

we have a coach who only trusts about 15 players 

The vast majority of this league would give their right arms for our squad depth ….

Enzo was complaining of a small squad in his radio Leicester Post match

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is it really correct that Southampton only play tonight and then again on the 29th? Surely that's not right? 

They play Sunderland on Saturday 

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

They play Sunderland on Saturday 

Sorry I meant - they play tonight (6th,) Saturday (9th) and then have 20 days off and don't play again until the 29th!?

Ipswich and Leeds have fixtures on the 16th and 17th (and us in the Cup 17th) 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sorry I meant - they play tonight (6th,) Saturday (9th) and then have 20 days off and don't play again until the 29th!?

They were supposed to play us that week

McKenna has performed miracles at Ipswich. With the squad and budgets we have they should be nowhere near us - he's only managed about 65 more games than Maresca too.

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

FA Cup weekend and then internationals.