Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

44 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't realise it was so tight in the bottom half, I mean I know it always is pretty compact but anyone in bottom half can go down. 

It's ridiculous. Usually it's like that for the playoffs at this stage where any few of 10/11 teams could conceivably make it. 

But I don't remember seeing it this close at this stage for the relegation battle. 

46 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I didn't realise it was so tight in the bottom half, I mean I know it always is pretty compact but anyone in bottom half can go down. 

Haven't noticed probably because I never look down!!

On 04/03/2024 at 21:53, Dan LCFC said:

I've been doing a bit of digging on this and the findings are genuinely quite remarkable. We haven't come back from 2 goals down to get anything out of a league game since Stoke in December 2016. Over seven years since we have been two down in a league game and not lost!!!

In that time we did come back from 2-0 down at Wolves in January 2019 but went on to lose the game 4-3.

In other competitions, the last was Spartak Moscow where we were 2-0 down and won 3-4. Then you have Sevilla where we were 2-0 down in the first leg but ended up winning 3-2 on aggregate.

We are genuinely terrible at comebacks. I daren't count how many times we've blown two goal leads in the same period. That's a genuinely quite interesting finding to me - there is surely no other club in the 92 at least on a run that long.

Knew it would be something ridiculous like this.

Spineless FC strikes again.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Wondering when Leeds & Ipswich will drop points again?

I have a good feeling about Sheff Weds at Hillsborough this Friday! Wednesday are on a hell of a run and performing far above their current position.

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Massive fire at a building right next to Southampton's stadium

Bloody hell. Hope everyone is okay if anyone is there or was affected. 

That's two games for them to squeeze in now.

Ours on the 16th/17th and then one the midweek after I guess. Doubt they will want to sandwich one in before last game week.

Also assuming ours against them will definitely be the 16th/17th as we need to keep the midweek after free incase we get to the FA Cup semi and WBA has to move.

Edited by AjcW

6 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The upcoming games...

Leeds and Ipswich both play their next game before us. Which isn't ideal. Then they both play game 38 before us. 

So worst case scenario, lose to Hull, with Ipswich and Leeds win their 2 games and it's:

Ipswich 84

Leeds 82

Leicester 81 (with a game in hand)

Then our next two fixtures after that come before the others play, but we'll have an annoying game in hand for a while...

So best case scenario is we beat Hull and Leeds and Ipswich lose their 2 games

Leicester 84 (with a game in hand)

Ipswich 78

Leeds 76

My glass is half full today.

With the FA Cup rearrangement and international break to be respected, the only options I can see would be to play it next Tues/Weds (too soon to sort you'd think) or face playing every midweek and weekend from Easter onwards. Not good for Saints if it's the latter, even if Preston are in a purple patch now. 

• Like 1

On 04/03/2024 at 12:31, Foxin_Mad said:

We have propper fooked it up lets face it. Anyone who pretends otherwise is clearly an ostrich. It looks like  3rd or 4th no barring a major collapse in form from a few of the teams around us.

I would be genuinely surprised if we win a game this month, even more surprised if we win the 5-6 games we need to. 

This aged as well as Marilyn Manson.

image.png.064ab1a8484eb8e6d689bb1def32e431.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I have a good feeling about Sheff Weds at Hillsborough this Friday! Wednesday are on a hell of a run and performing far above their current position.

Thought they were absolutely horrendous at our place recently- the only game in ages we’ve gone for a team whole of first half - could have been 5 at half time - obviously stopped playing completely second half as usual but they were terrible 

13 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Thought they were absolutely horrendous at our place recently- the only game in ages we’ve gone for a team whole of first half - could have been 5 at half time - obviously stopped playing completely second half as usual but they were terrible 

They have been excellent at home though. If anything too good they they are due a bad result but I’m hopeful!

I've just looked at other teams run ins and they have some decent sides at best like Coventry and Sunderland to play, that's it. Then I looked at ours and besides Hull and Southampton, it's fairly straight forward on paper. 

• Like 1