Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Awful handball decision goes QPR's way... pen saved. 2-1 WBA

Followed by a leveller-upper of a decision.  lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

How has that been missed by everyone 

Seems like only the QPR fans behind that goal saw the handball. Didn't look like handball to me watching it live on TV

32 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Another home game without a win .

Another daft goal given away.

And not much created in attack again .

Watford nowadays are just a bit meh, in fact football in general is all just a bit meh!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Watford nowadays are just a bit meh, in fact football in general is all just a bit meh!

Yes .

No sign of winning or playing well .

In danger of being sucked onto a relegation battle .

On 05/03/2024 at 22:32, ClaphamFox said:

Judging from their forum, Leeds fans are just as concerned by their performance tonight as we are with ours…

Wasn't the best, that's for sure.  Stoke managed to get on top for a chunk of the second half as we dropped off the press.  Not sure if that was tactics or tiredness, having played 3 games in 6 days (some of them did anyway).  Two poorer performances in the last 2 games but 4 points gained is still encouraging.

Our defence is the difference.  It allows us to play poorly and still nick results.  3 goals conceded in 12 games is exceptional but when you realise none of those were from open play, even more impressive.  Every team is vulnerable to the odd set piece flying in.  I think it's that, that keeps me positive that we will overtake Ipswich in the end.  They ship plenty of goals so are always reliant on outscoring their opponents but that's far more likely to end up in the odd dodgy result than conceding .25 goals a game is. 

Edited by Pub breath
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Our defence is the difference.  It allows us to play poorly and still nick results.  3 goals conceded in 12 games is exceptional but when you realise none of those were from open play, even more impressive.  Every team is vulnerable to the odd set piece flying in.  I think it's that, that keeps me positive that we will overtake Ipswich in the end.  They ship plenty of goals so are always reliant on outscoring their opponents but that's far more likely to end up in the odd dodgy result than conceding .25 goals a game is. 

I said this a month ago and since then they’ve not stopped winning, irrespective of how many they’re conceding. Proper keegan stuff! 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I said this a month ago and since then they’ve not stopped winning, irrespective of how many they’re conceding. Proper keegan stuff! 

Init?  A lot of fun for them, for sure. 

They did have an extended run when the approach failed though.  I think when it comes to crunch time, i'd far sooner have a tight defence that allows you to nick competitive matches than needing to outscore a leaky defence.  That is pressure you don't need at that point in the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

When your font size is that big, in a football ground, I don't think you can class these as private lol

He had it out in his hand too.

TBH we could have told him most of this already !

Random question but does anyone know when the final match of the season will be played? Everything points to the Saturday and Sky says the season ends that day but I seem to remember it finishing on a Sunday before?

23 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Random question but does anyone know when the final match of the season will be played? Everything points to the Saturday and Sky says the season ends that day but I seem to remember it finishing on a Sunday before?

They will definitely move from when they are currently scheduled as they are down for 3pm on the Saturday so the tv blackout would apply. Probably 12.30 or 5.30 on the Saturday.