Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Don’t be silly. Ok Leeds are shit. We are the best. It’s ok to have a different opinion on who will win leagues. We’ve won leagues before. Our league winning teams use to do this. 

We’ve come off 3 defeats at the business end of the season. I just can’t see us going through the zone that every title winning team does. Obviously it’s hurt a lot of sensitive feelings it’s just sometimes you get a feeling that a team are destined for the title. Bloody hell. 

All because they scored a goal?

Don’t be silly. Ok Leeds are shit. We are the best. It’s ok to have a different opinion on who will win leagues. We’ve won leagues before. Our league winning teams use to do this. 

We’ve come off 3 defeats at the business end of the season. I just can’t see us going through the zone that every title winning team does. Obviously it’s hurt a lot of sensitive feelings it’s just sometimes you get a feeling that a team are destined for the title. Bloody hell. 

Yeah big title winning energy struggling to a draw against ten man Huddersfield

• Like 1

The reaction was to we can’t do it when we just did, in arguably after 15 minutes, our worst performance of the last three. Not disputing Leeds trajectory. :dunno:
Currently crap compared to Ipswich mind!  

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah big title winning energy struggling to a draw against ten man Huddersfield

Ok. This isn’t a dig at us as a team. Obviously I want to win and I hope Sheff Weds score two unanswered in the second half. HOWEVER, some times you just watch a team at this end they’ll be in a zone. When we went up last time, we were in that zone. Watford, 2-2 KP. The 5-3 Bolton, I think qpr 2-1. There were games where it just clicked and we got something we didn’t deserve. I see that this run, in Leeds and it’s at what they call the business end. It could change next week but I just don’t see it. I think whichever team hits that zone now, gets the title. Potentially Ipswich are in it too. It’s winning games and winning big games - two different things. 

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

You've been to the King Power then.

And Sunderland on Tuesday night! Honestly the lack of motivation/belief from our fans is incredible. Appreciate that things have hit the bumps a bit of late, but what’s the point in going if you’re just going to whinge and moan instead of chanting and encouraging. We want promotion don’t we? Well standing/sitting being sorry for ourselves isn’t going to make anything better. 

3 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Some team will end up with a shit load of points and not go up automatically.

Is 89 the highest ever with no promotion? Looks like Brighton when someone won the Premier League from 5000/1 I think?

4 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

And Sunderland on Tuesday night! Honestly the lack of motivation/belief from our fans is incredible. Appreciate that things have hit the bumps a bit of late, but what’s the point in going if you’re just going to whinge and moan instead of chanting and encouraging. We want promotion don’t we? Well standing/sitting being sorry for ourselves isn’t going to make anything better. 

Fans react to what happens on the pitch, myself included.  Bresca ball does not invent atmosphere, so when Vesta is having a tapi tapi party with Mads and Side Show Bob, and then we get the ball to the opposition box amd then pass back to the tappi tappi crew without taking the opposition to the death.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok. This isn’t a dig at us as a team. Obviously I want to win and I hope Sheff Weds score two unanswered in the second half. HOWEVER, some times you just watch a team at this end they’ll be in a zone. When we went up last time, we were in that zone. Watford, 2-2 KP. The 5-3 Bolton, I think qpr 2-1. There were games where it just clicked and we got something we didn’t deserve. I see that this run, in Leeds and it’s at what they call the business end. It could change next week but I just don’t see it. I think whichever team hits that zone now, gets the title. Potentially Ipswich are in it too. It’s winning games and winning big games - two different things. 

I'd class Sunderland as a big game which we won, and had to win, considering we lost the previous 3.

We played shit and won. 

• Like 2

Basically I had Huddersfield and Sheff Wed as the two they may slip up in as the rest of the run in looked quite easy!

19 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Some team will end up with a shit load of points and not go up automatically.

Sheff Wed 96 points in League One last season