Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Just to point out the bed wetters were right last season.

What’s that got to do with anything?  I was right last season quite early on. There are people who want this to mess up, who want the next result to be the defining loss. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Oh just seen it’s the FA Cup and they could quite easily

Right now it doesn’t matter. Just focus on today and then next week we will have a game in hand for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

What’s that got to do with anything?  I was right last season quite early on. There are people who want this to mess up, who want the next result to be the defining loss. 

Who has said they want us to lose?

8 hours ago, Claridge said:

Not a chance in hell we would of beat Sheff  Wednesday at their place tonight

You might be right, I think we'd have struggled with the lack of space given the other 22 players on the pitch.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

There are plenty of people who jump straight into the forum for a catastrowank after any set back, just because they don't state 'I want us to lose' doesn't mean it's not pretty clear from the tone and frequency of their posts that they are taking some perverse satisfaction at the failure of a club they support.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think to some of the older lot Leicester are like their wife. They've stayed with them through everything and wish they hadn't. So are left with nothing but resentment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

There are plenty of people who jump straight into the forum for a catastrowank after any set back, just because they don't state 'I want us to lose' doesn't mean it's not pretty clear from the tone and frequency of their posts that they are taking some perverse satisfaction at the failure of a club they support.  

That doesnt mean they want us to lose, its a genuine question, because there is a huge difference between not having the confidence we can ride through it and wanting the club to fail at its task.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Oh my mistake - everyone saying 'lose and it's all over' want us to win? That changes everything then.

Their attitude is no different to a wife who says 'Next time he comes home drunk thats it - its over'. She want to fella to mess up.

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

That doesnt mean they want us to lose, its a genuine question, because there is a huge difference between not having the confidence we can ride through it and wanting the club to fail at its task.

It's very subjective I suppose. But genuinely I do think there are posters who prefer being proven right in their doom and gloom mongering to the club winning.  

That's what I've taken from the relentless and crushing negativity of their posts, the fact they are nowhere to be seen other than when we lose and when we do lose they are all over the forum.  

I do agree that for some it's just a very emotional, emotive thing and when they're up they're up and when they're down they're down.  That's a bit different to constantly sniping at the club at every single opportunity.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

It's very subjective I suppose. But genuinely I do think there are posters who prefer being proven right in their doom and gloom mongering to the club winning.  

That's what I've taken from the relentless and crushing negativity of their posts, the fact they are nowhere to be seen other than when we lose and when we do lose they are all over the forum.  

I do agree that for some it's just a very emotional, emotive thing and when they're up they're up and when they're down they're down.  That's a bit different to constantly sniping at the club at every single opportunity.  

Without doubt. It's so obvious. They don't genuinely care.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We were double digits clear of 2nd and 3rd less than a month ago. I'm not saying the pissed away part is final, we have 10 games to rectify it and let's hope our poor form is now a thing of the past because unfortunately for us it has come with less time to correct than Leeds and Ipswich had with theirs.

We also at one stage increased our lead over Leeds from 8 to about 17 in the space of 5 games or something daft earlier in the season. 

Got to give Leeds and Ipswich so much respect for what they are doing, grinding out wins when it matters most by either overturning losing positions or dominating teams. Leeds in particular barely conceding goals at all now. Just can’t see where either will suffer a loss of form whilst we’ve been pretty patchy for 2 months now. Playoffs as big a lottery as ever, could easily be drawn against a team with 20+ points less but in better form. Yuk. For the neutrals this years championship must be one of the best ever 

Edited by Cropwellfox

As much as the drama is great in this league, it's tough when it's your own team!

Call me entitled, but the thought of paying £40 for a play off game pisses me off lol

We really need some luck this weekend.

1 minute ago, Cropwellfox said:

Got to give Leeds and Ipswich so much respect for what they are doing, grinding out wins when it matters most by either overturning losing positions or grinding wins out. Leeds in particular barely conceding goals at all now. Just can’t see where either will suffer a loss of form whilst we’ve been pretty patchy for 2 months now. Playoffs as big a lottery as ever, could easily be drawn against a team with 20+ points less but in better form. Yuk. For the neutrals this years championship must be one of the best ever 

Firstly, i agree that you have to give both clubs respect, especially Ipswich.  But it's also got to be a pain for them to go on these runs and still see us sat at the top. Lets not pretend it's completely plain sailing for them either. Earlier this year Ipswich went on a horrible run (which if they navigated better would be nicely clear at the top) and are currently having to score 3 a game to win matches. Those own goals and deflections cant keep happening can they?. Today will be interesting. Leeds were held to a draw against 10 man Huddersfield - the sort of result that would our doom mongers salivating.  So they both will drop points - it's inevitable.

fwiw, i think Leeds will win the league and i don't really care.  I think we will come 2nd and Ipswich will be 3rd. But still a lot of games and an international break to come, so what do i know.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I was with you. I could see last season's car crash coming  and was amazed how many stuck with Rodgers  (inc foxes trust).  So doomsayers like us are sometime right.  

I guess things are tough right now .... but last season showed the foxestalk barometer is not an accurate forecast.

• Like 1

No one wants us to lose.

Some people moan when we do lose. It's annoying but exactly what every other club's fans do on their forums. It's what they're here for surely?

What's become equally as annoying is the people who come on here to moan about the moaners. I actually think they find more gratification in us losing so they can jump in on those who are just angry/upset we've lost.

History suggests we are on the brink of the classic disaster that seems to happen every few years here. People are pessimistic and will choose to air their fears on a forum. Fingers crossed every thing goes perfectly from today and no one ever feels the need to express negative thoughts on here. But it's unlikely x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

lol:appl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

So doomsayers like us are sometime right.

Yep. Like broken clocks.

Eternal optimists are sometimes right too, in exactly the same way.

Edited by BertFill
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, sdb said:

No one wants us to lose.

Some people moan when we do lose. It's annoying but exactly what every other club's fans do on their forums. It's what they're here for surely?

What's become equally as annoying is the people who come on here to moan about the moaners. I actually think they find more gratification in us losing so they can jump in on those who are just angry/upset we've lost.

History suggests we are on the brink of the classic disaster that seems to happen every few years here. People are pessimistic and will choose to air their fears on a forum. Fingers crossed every thing goes perfectly from today and no one ever feels the need to express negative thoughts on here. But it's unlikely x

Tell you what's the worst - someone coming on moaning about the moaners who are moaning about the moaners.  But the in match thread does tell me there are people who want it to be awful and want us to lose. 

But come on, there is a difference between saying 'i think we are in the sort of poor form that means we are going to lose more ground to Leeds / Ipswich' and saying 'lose today and we are DOOMED and it's ALL OVER!'. Losing today would be horrible, but it wouldn't all be over, but we would have made the task significantly more difficult with no more margin for error. 

I said before the Sunderland game we are likely in the process of bottling it - but this can be turned around. This division doesn't always go the way you expect it to.

Edited by Chelmofox

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

*adds to personal lexicon

• Haha 2