Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

We have the players to beat any team in this league, we genuinely do. We shouldn’t go into any game with fear, respect yes, but not fear. This now is about character, desire and personal motivation as much as it’s about Enzo and his tactics. He has never been at the sharp end of something like this and it is a learning curve for him too. 

Whilst the win at Sunderland was a nervy, patchy performance - dire in the 2nd half - it was still a win. Now we need to go to Hull and grind out another. What I don’t want to see is us go ahead and then shrink back into ourselves. IF we take the lead we need to hammer that home. I don’t think we cling on here for a win. 

• Like 4

If this goes to the final day with Leeds/Ipswich then weirdly we better hope that Southampton are still in the picture for automatics, particularly if we've dropped to 3rd. Leeds will be up against Southampton reserves if not

35 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

If this goes to the final day with Leeds/Ipswich then weirdly we better hope that Southampton are still in the picture for automatics, particularly if we've dropped to 3rd. Leeds will be up against Southampton reserves if not

Although you want as much momentum as possible going in to the playoffs, they won't want to go in to them having been spanked by Leeds

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

We also at one stage increased our lead over Leeds from 8 to about 17 in the space of 5 games or something daft earlier in the season. 

That was over the Christmas period I think. Things change fast in football but we don't really benefit from there being that many games left in which to do so. We are in for a test of mental character for the next 2 months and we cannot falter.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

That was over the Christmas period I think. Things change fast in football but we don't really benefit from there being that many games left in which to do so. We are in for a test of mental character for the next 2 months and we cannot falter.

That's kind of my point, the gap we created and the gap we lost all happened very quickly. The Easter period could easily see something similar happen again (either way), Leeds have Watford away, Hull at home then Cov away between the 29th March and the 6th April.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Ipswich's keeper has been low key very good this season 

I thought he was excellent against us at the KP. Maybe the reason we didn’t get 3 points 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Ipswich's keeper has been low key very good this season 

He was backup last season wasn't he?

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Lunging tackle from behind, not getting the ball from Morsy and not even a free kick :rolleyes:

Cardiff far and away the top set piece scorers with 18.  That kind of free kick is a real opportunity for them.  :nono:

• Like 1

There is an air of inevitability about this game … Cardiff well on top, 2 very good chances squandered , Ipswich slowly taking control …. 99th minute winner with a deflection off a passing hot air balloon 

• Haha 1