Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

54 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Our record, this season, against the 9 teams left to play P11 W11 F32 A9

I think so far this season there has been a symmetry to our games against teams. Many who caused us problems the first time also caused us problems the second: Leeds, Middlesbrough, Cov, Hull, Sunderland, QPR. Hopefully this works out the other way too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I think so far this season there has been a symmetry to our games against teams. Many who caused us problems the first time also caused us problems the second: Leeds, Middlesbrough, Cov, Hull, Sunderland, QPR. Hopefully this works out the other way too!

Good shout and hopefully correct!

Obviously things change since the first game, Southampton are much better for example, whereas Blackburn maybe worse but end of the season vibes to contend with!

But, I hadn’t realised how good our record was against the 9 teams we have left to play.

9 wins from 9, 24 goals for and 7 against in the reverse fixtures. Hopefully some more of that!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

I know there’s the whole joke about Watford and their managers but he absolutely had to go. Been shocking for ages from what I’ve seen 

Tbh a lot of our fans are happy he has gone and some say it’s over due ,

Trouble is we have all this “he had to go” stuff but then appoint someone else who soon turns out to not be much better or  worse !

The owners aren’t popular at all but on this one there probably won’t be many tears shedded.

The fans want attacking , positive football but then the modern game is about possession isn’t it really ?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Trouble is we have all this “he had to go” stuff but then appoint someone else who soon turns out to not be much better or  worse !

The owners aren’t popular at all but on this one there probably won’t be many tears shedded.

The fans want attacking , positive football but then the modern game is about possession isn’t it really ?

Any names being thrown around yet? 

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Millwall will be a tough game away for Leeds ,  under Harris they have a siege mentality. 

Leeds are at home.

We are the ones who need to go to the den lol 

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Leeds are at home.

We are the ones who need to go to the den lol 

Yeah, no doubt we'll struggle. Both 3-2 wins vs them under that crap manager weren't easy were they.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, no doubt we'll struggle. Both 3-2 wins vs them under that crap manager weren't easy were they.

No team is getting a easy game at the business end of the season.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Remember when that home game agains them was the first time we'd conceded twice all season – that was game 21. We've done it 6 times in the 16 games since, it's definitely a concerning drop off however you want to carve it up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

6 wins from 9 get us over the line for me.

Think we will come back flying after the break.

Leeds will not want the break now we will welcome it.

They've had 4 matches in 9 days, they're thrilled to have the break.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Remember when the surest way to gain head coaching experience was coming up through the leagues, rather than becoming assistant manager at Watford?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Noahfence said:

I know there’s the whole joke about Watford and their managers but he absolutely had to go. Been shocking for ages from what I’ve seen 

By "terminated contract" do they mean they wanted to go with "mutual consent" but he told them to stick their NDA up their collective arse?

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

No team is getting an easy game at the business end of the season.

Norwich may disagree with you yesterday but yes, apart from Rotherham at home, you’re probably right. 

There seems to be very few teams who aren’t still involved in either end of the league. 4 teams so far ahead at the top and Rotherham so far back at the bottom inevitably means the middle is so tight. As the weeks pass, there will be more teams who either become safe or can’t make the playoffs and may be in beach mode I guess.

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Off top spot going into the break is a huge mental blow for us and a huge boost for Leeds. 

Limping home to 2nd on the final day would be pretty crap but no doubt it'll get applauded like relegation was last season. 

Agree. Think normally a team would get pissed and find something deep inside them but for whatever reason we have a softness in us which has been around for years.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Unfortunately, it's a sad indictment of the game but you've hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Off top spot going into the break is a huge mental blow for us and a huge boost for Leeds. 

Limping home to 2nd on the final day would be pretty crap but no doubt it'll get applauded like relegation was last season. 

Getting auto promotion would be pretty crap?

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Getting auto promotion would be pretty crap?

Just context isn’t it. It wouldn’t be crap no and I’d take second right now just to get back up. Even if we come straight down, we will hopefully be in a better position financially to go back up and stay up.

But it would be disappointing after how we have led the league to not finish top. And to have Leeds fans crowing that they are the best team in the league after all would be grating. 

• Like 1

I see Ipswich fans are moaning at our ‘soft’ penalty yesterday with no mention of the even softer (and outside the box) one given against us a few minutes before (obviously doesn’t count as a bad decision if the penalty is subsequently missed anyway), as well as them conveniently missing the fact we had another one not given and a clear red card for Seri ignored to the point of corruption!

The bias of some football fans never ceases to amaze lol