Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Appreciate we’ve played a game less but seeing the gap down to 1 is a sickener. Can’t believe we’ve let it happen again

Be down to 0 after Leeds match tomorrow 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ipswich games in April look tough, Saints, Norwich, Watford (easy), M'boro, Cov, Hull.

If they take 14 or more points from that you've gotta say fair play, probably deserve to go up. Think they'll do well to get 12 or 13 from it though.

Leeds games in April, Hull, Coventry, Sunderland, blackburn, boro, QPR

not to mention theyve got Watford before the hull game too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ipswich games in April look tough, Saints, Norwich, Watford (easy), M'boro, Cov, Hull.

If they take 14 or more points from that you've gotta say fair play, probably deserve to go up. Think they'll do well to get 12 or 13 from it though.

I'm certain Ipswich will make the top 2. They have unbreakable belief and momentum. You thought the way they lost last week might knock them off course but instead they're on course for another routine win. 

Just looked back through the fixtures because I was thinking; When was the last time we won easily and comfortably?

Wasn't that long ago actually, just over a month, 3rd Feb, Stoke 5-0.

But considering people were and are waxing lyrical about us, we've clearly had consistent runs of winning but I don't think we've had any runs of winning comfortable and easy like the teams we're battling against are.

Infact there is only that Stoke game I can think where we've put a team to the sword this season. (Wasn't that the game where words were said and toys were thrown the week before and we played abit more expansive and direct?)

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm certain Ipswich will make the top 2. They have unbreakable belief and momentum. You thought the way they lost last week might knock them off course but instead they're on course for another routine win. 

Couple of injuries to key players can soon put a dent in that, look at how much we've missed Ricardo alone.

• Like 1

I don’t really want to worry about today as Wednesday play such an open game that a team like Ipswich would pick them off with ease. Cardiff showed last week how you beat Ipswich, slow the game down and frustrate them (like we did before our implosions). Other teams will be able to do that. 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Hats off to Ipswich!  What a season they're having. Bet their entire starting 11 aren't earning as much as we're paying Vardy!

I think there is probably an undestimation on what Ipswich spend.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just looked back through the fixtures because I was thinking; When was the last time we won easily and comfortably?

Wasn't that long ago actually, just over a month, 3rd Feb, Stoke 5-0.

But considering people were and are waxing lyrical about us, we've clearly had consistent runs of winning but I don't think we've had any runs of winning comfortable and easy like the teams we're battling against are.

December was pretty comfortable... a couple of 3-2's but were 3-1 in both...

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

We need to win this one with Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich to come.

:ph34r:

Or what? I don't think you're going down, and the play offs are a bit of a way off....

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Why? What’s the justification for saying they have no chance (which is factually incorrect anyway)

Well obviously not no chance but it’s hard to see them finishing ahead of both us and Leeds given our comparable fixtures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Well obviously not no chance but it’s hard to see them finishing ahead of both us and Leeds given our comparable fixtures. 

I’d say they have a decent chance. Leeds an excellent chance and us somewhere between. 

I still can’t shake off a possible Leeds, Ipswich and us 3rd even though there were some positive shoots of recovery at Hull last week.