Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

6 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Ipswich will get top 2. Got a sense of inevitability about them and just feels like one of those stories.

Pretty sure we went 18 clear of them for a day at least when they wobbled over Christmas. 

It's much more recent that we were 18 clear of them - it was after we beat Sheff Wed at home ie 13 Feb, though they had 2 games in hand at that point. They've since won 8 out of 9, whilst we've fallen off a cliff. Losing at home to a massively weakened Boro side and a crap QPR team who barely got out of their own half could well cost us auto promotion, I fear. 

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Couple of injuries to key players can soon put a dent in that, look at how much we've missed Ricardo alone.

Not so sure. They don't seem as a reliant on their starting XI as we are. Their options in attacking midfield are much deeper than ours; their subs have very often changed games for them. 

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Hats off to Ipswich!  What a season they're having. Bet their entire starting 11 aren't earning as much as we're paying Vardy!

What romantic nonsense.

With Mark Ashton there as CEO that is most unlikely.

Loves splashing the big contracts around does our Mark.

The run in is as much mentality and physicality (as Claude would say 😊) now as possession, passing stats and control. Have we got enough of these characteristics to match IPS, Leeds and Southampton? 

I would say not except possibly Southampton. If we end up third then I’m not confident that Enzo and our players could pick themselves up for a playoff battle having been in control for 70% of the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

why are people over reacting again? 

every week its the same, its going to horrid on here in the premier league if we go up

its football, the championship can be like this, as ive said before look at both Leeds and Ipswich fixtures between now and the end of the season, some really tricky fixtures, ones pushing for the last play off place

Telling football fans not to overreact is just hilarious 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's much more recent that we were 18 clear of them - it was after we beat Sheff Wed at home ie 13 Feb, though they had 2 games in hand at that point. They've since won 8 out of 9, whilst we've fallen off a cliff. Losing at home to a massively weakened Boro side and a crap QPR team who barely got out of their own half could well cost us auto promotion, I fear. 

Oh I could’ve sworn it was closer to Christmas! 

Just now, Noahfence said:

Telling football fans not to overreact is just hilarious 

yeah telling them on here is like pissing in the wind and not expecting to get wet

its like they only see the here and now; not the whole and all

Just now, sishades said:

Ips are relentless, always looking to go forward and not sitting back on 1-0 leads, firing over the cross bar and passing backwards when we get forward. 

errrr its Sheff Weds and they are at home and Wednesday arent great away....

nothing like an over reaction

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Ips are relentless, always looking to go forward and not sitting back on 1-0 leads, firing over the cross bar and passing backwards when we get forward. 

They sat back on a 1-0 lead a week ago and lost!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah telling them on here is like pissing in the wind and not expecting to get wet

its like they only see the here and now; not the whole and all

To be fair I can see why people are getting twitchy, I’m the same but I still back us to win the league. I think we’ll go unbeaten now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Coventry and Ipswich win. Forest 1-0 up in their relegation six pointer. What a day of football.

No one, because if we end up finishing in the play offs we would have totally ****ed it, and likely be on our arses and just get served up by anyone who plays us. 

2 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

To be fair I can see why people are getting twitchy, I’m the same but I still back us to win the league. I think we’ll go unbeaten now 

I'll have whatever it is your having, so long as it's not illegal or alcoholic :P 

Just now, Noahfence said:

i can too but no point jumping to conclusions as theres alot of football to be played; Ipswich and Leeds have some very tricky fixtures; likes of Hull, Coventry Southampton

and we know how good they can be on their day, Coventry showed that today;

also look at Millwall the other week, no one thought theyd get a win at Southampton but they did, thats the championship for you

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Meanwhile we're constantly trying to score the perfect goal.

Get shots in, not 15 passes around the box

• Like 3
  • Haha 1