Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

When this season ends (can’t happen soon enough), we will another load of players going leaving, which will mean we can properly start rebuilding, even with a transfer embargo in place. That’s the only way we are going to get out of this mess. Even if we get promoted we will suffer the same fate! At some point we need to sort this shit out from Top to bottom and it’s going take time, but if we can remain competitive in the championship, we can start building a team we can be proud off!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is not what was said, stop projecting.

Sorry, just projecting of what has been and gone before.

Matching silly nonsense cliched soundbites like for like.

Anxiety and/or PTSD if you will.

We've seen how this one ends one to many times.

6 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

When this season ends (can’t happen soon enough), we will another load of players going leaving, which will mean we can properly start rebuilding, even with a transfer embargo in place. That’s the only way we are going to get out of this mess. Even if we get promoted we will suffer the same fate! At some point we need to sort this shit out from Top to bottom and it’s going take time, but if we can remain competitive in the championship, we can start building a team we can be proud off!

Haha, well you keep believing! Someone has to.

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They were defending a 1-0 away lead. They score plenty but it wasn't a game for that. We try to fanny around even when we're winning away and guess what we give the lead away. Stop shitting on them, they are admirable, proper David Vs Goliath stuff and we're the embarrassing Goliath being downed by a minnow. Embarrassing.

A lot of us wrote on here last season (and, as usual, were laffed at) that the club looked like it was being managed very very badly. There were many who kept arguing that ‘the club is too good to get relegated’ and that the administration were untouchable due to past glories.

The chickens have come home to roost. And all the time, Whelan remains, Rudkin remains and players like fookin Choudry get lucrative new contracts.

The ‘fans’ too have been silent. Very little has happened in the way of proper protest etc.

We may still get promoted. It would be typical Leicester to now go on and win the next lot of games.

But this wouldn’t paper over the cracks, of which there are very many.

To go from title winners and FA cup winners to this, in a relatively short space of time, is criminal really. 

I would suspect that to go from the amount of points clear that we were, to now being third, is pretty much unprecedented at any top-flight level of football. Christ, even a couple of draws would have had us still in pole position.

It’s remarkable and if we now don’t get promoted it will be the most bizarre season in my 48 years of being a City fan.

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

In 2017, I made some t shirts with Nigel’s face on- with the words ‘the real messiah’, I can’t wait to give them out at the play off final this year.

The players need a proper boss, Pearson is the man for this club. I want him back asap 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

The players need a proper boss, Pearson is the man for this club. I want him back asap 

Heard he had a couple of visits to a private clinic in London regarding his health trouble.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard he had a couple of visits to a private clinic in London regarding his health trouble.

Yeah it is sad to see him like that, and I hope he overcomes it. The best manager we had in my life time no question 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

So what do we think about the Watford Leeds game next? I'm going for a score draw

I'm going for Leeds eking out a 1-0 win after the ref doesn't give Watford a very obvious pen.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Leeds have started this game as pathetically as we started ours. Maybe we've got a "bottle off" about to start!

They own it, they make their players accountable. "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again!".

Inspired turn around against us.

Unlike our shrinking violets.