Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Don't want to get into all the luck stuff but playing against ten men who are trying to win the game gives you more time and space.

I think that's a key difference between our luck against 10, and Ipswich's: Against us, a team would just sit back, no question. Against Ipswich, there's still this belief they can be beaten, or aren't so good they'll demolish you. Then they suckerpunch.

It's very us '15/16. Even this close to the end of the season, teams don't give Ipswich enough respect. And they punish them for that.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Well, southampton is out of the top 3 for the rest of the season. 3 way race now.

I twitch every time I read three way 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Why do some persist with this “lucky” or “jammy” nonsense? They batter teams and get goals for it. Simple as.

probably on account of them getting the win from a red card that wasn't, while Sam Morsy somehow escapes punishment for committing 3 UFC moves every single game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think that's a key difference between our luck against 10, and Ipswich's: Against us, a team would just sit back, no question. Against Ipswich, there's still this belief they can be beaten, or aren't so good they'll demolish you. Then they suckerpunch.

It's very us '15/16. Even this close to the end of the season, teams don't give Ipswich enough respect. And they punish them for that.

Better finishing for our opposition earlier in the season and we wouldn't be challenging for top 2 now.

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

McKenna uses all his subs every game and they have scored loads in the final 15 minutes.. coincidence? 

Nah corrupt refs and pure luck 

• Haha 1

Some poor decisions from Martin and Bazunu aswell

Martin Takes off Aribo who was the most threatening and brings on smallbone who was absolutely appalling. 

Then Bazunu decides to kick long towards the end instead of going short with the Southampton player screaming for it at Right back which ultimately handed the ball back to Ipswich to score.

They'll be more twists and turns with games to come.

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

McKenna uses all his subs every game and they scored loads in the final 15 minutes.. coincidence? 

He has a squad that's been built for the way he wants to play, he can bring on 4 - 5 high energy subs that make a difference against tiring opponents, it's huge for them and a big reason why they keep getting very late goals

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You have to salute Ipswich.

It isn't jammy - they kept storming forward in numbers with intent.  That's what can happen.

Fair play.

If we won all our remaning games (or hadn't been on a nightmare 6 week run) it wouldn't be an issue.

Fair play, Ipswich, I say.

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

have to say Ipswich are the luckiest/jammiest team ive seen in a long long while

so many things go their way

You make your own luck.

Cant be that lucky for nearly 2 seasons.

I agree with Vacamions post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You have to salute Ipswich.

It isn't jammy - they kept storming forward in numbers with intent.  That's what can happen.

Fair play.

If we won all our remaning games (or hadn't been on a nightmare 6 week run) it wouldn't be an issue.

Fair play, Ipswich, I say.

I'd like to see their shot conversion rate. Obviously there's an element of skill to that but it does feel that the majority of their shots manage to find their way into the back of the net. 

The equaliser was a first time pot shot out of nothing and the winner looked like more of a breakdance than a recognised footballing manoeuvre.

Ipswich shoot on sight policy, getting forward quickly, works so well for them.

Saints defending reminds me of us, the Ipswich scorer had enough time to miss the kick, recompose himself and shoot again unchallenged.

I also dont think enough happened in the game for that time added on, time added on this season is so inconsistent.

Edited by Chrysalis