Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

22 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I would love it if we both finish above Leeds, to be fair. 

Table doesn't look great for them if they lose tonight...

Good for them that they’re winning then! Not so for us. Still an early goal can mess with gameplans, as Norwich found out today.

27 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They got the freedom to shoot on sight which is harder to defend against as its unpredictable, and puts less pressure on the player to get it right, as it doesnt need to be a walk it in the net goal.

We had plenty of shots today. Winks and Fatawu had a couple each when passes were on.

Are there any stats available about how jammy Ipswich have been this season? I mean, all credit to their determination and never say die attitude, but I cannot recall such consistent good fortune with late winners, deflected goals and penalty calls.

It can't be denied that Ipswich have had incredible luck this season. Many on here saying it's not luck, they just attack etc, well the ridiculous amount of refereeing decisions that they've had go their way is definite luck. We should have beaten them twice. I bet you can count on one hand the amount of games they've actually deserved to win. 0.22 xg today and scored 3 goals. Incredible! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

i will for the leeds game, now dont move the goal posts

We still conceded three goals in about ten minutes? You need to show better mental resolve than that, even if the referees have made poor decisions. 

Of course Ipswich got a 97th minute winner….the only surprise being the deflection was not directly into the goal but just into the path of the scorer!

Think we just need to accept Ipswich will win out for the remainder of the season and just do what we can to finish ahead of Leeds!

Just now, Pliskin said:

We still conceded three goals in about ten minutes? You need to show better mental resolve than that, even if the referees have made poor decisions. 

tbf though, every game weve lost we've had the chances to get something out of them, so a part of it is failure on our part

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf though, every game weve lost we've had the chances to get something out of them, so a part of it is failure on our part

A frail mentality, a tactically stubborn manager and grit seldom go hand in hand.

There’s definitely a softness about us that Leeds and Ipswich don’t possess, and when it comes to the crunch you need both of those things.

We’ve just got to be perfect from now.  

Giles is almost trying to gift Leeds 3 points here. 

Backed out of contesting a header for the goal and then just allowed Bamford to have a free shot at an open goal

37 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Ipswich have got quite a tough run in, will definitely drop some points.

Nah they will win every game. They just have a way of winning games despite rarely actually deserving to or playing well. And the ref's will no doubt continue to do them favours.