Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

A frail mentality, a tactically stubborn manager and grit seldom go hand in hand.

There’s definitely a softness about us that Leeds and Ipswich don’t possess, and when it comes to the crunch you need both of those things.

We’ve just got to be perfect from now.  

dont know why, i just have the feeling both will have the odd surprise defeat in the next couple of weeks

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It can't be denied that Ipswich have had incredible luck this season. Many on here saying it's not luck, they just attack etc, well the ridiculous amount of refereeing decisions that they've had go their way is definite luck. We should have beaten them twice. I bet you can count on one hand the amount of games they've actually deserved to win. 0.22 xg today and scored 3 goals. Incredible! 

luck, should have and deserved are key words. But 40 plus games tends to level out the true picture overall. 

11 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Ipswich have scored 21 goals after the 90th minute now and won 24 more points as a result. That’s a never quit attitude. 

I was telling my mate they must have gained 20 points from injury time goals, so thanks for the stat.  They wouldn't even be in the playoffs if it wasnt for all those late goals.  Amazing really.  Fair play.

Just now, Mark_w said:

Absolute bullshit. You don’t get 87 points from 40 games, and score 84 goals through luck alone. They are a very good side with a ton of character, belief and togetherness. To be competing favourably with us, Leeds and Southampton having just come up from League One last season is ridiculous really, but they are and they deserve to be. Stop being so bitter, if we don’t get promoted it’s because we failed to take advantage of the massive financial advantage we had, and the massive lead we had earlier in the season. Trying to diminish what Ipswich are doing because we’re upset that it’s not looking like quite the cake walk we thought it’d be is just pathetic.

All fair points. The ref decisions and flukey goals just live rent free in my head 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, KFS said:

They really don’t do themselves any favours do they? Champions of Europe is the song currently ringing round Elland Road

Singing about a trophy they never won. Small club. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

looks like the upshot of todays games will be that Southampton can’t get automatic promotion 

Well and truly a 3 horse race for 2 places now thats the biggest positive plus us winning was massive for confidence 

Man, that Ipswich result feels really rotten after our first decent performance in ages, and it feels like this game is headed the same way.

Only got ourselves to blame, but it’s still annoying. I guess I’ll just deal with my feelings by binge eating an Easter egg.