Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

I don’t know why we’re so nice as a club. Just ****ing lie… yeah mate we’re going to play him every game

Rudkin! 

Edited by alanf0x

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You wouldn’t put anything on this ending 1-1

They’ll be dog until they go 2-1 up at 70th min, Elland Road will wake up and we’ll be force fed the videos on social media for a week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

IMG_9629.jpeg.03f5c7477ba66c21d9b4af01a8fda9df.jpeg

I've found myself yelling Tony's titular catchphrase at the end of games most weeks recently 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Hull look better on the ball but Leeds just need to raise it slightly to win this comfortably 

Leeds have the depth on the bench to change a game too. Piroe, Joseph, Anthony, Gelhardt. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Nothing jammy about it. They keep on going and don’t stop attacking 

It is jammy though. They were totally outplayed for the vast majority of the game - it was 5-0 to Southampton on big chances. Surely Ipswich will revert to the mean at some point. They are constantly winning games against the stats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It is jammy though. They were totally outplayed for the vast majority of the game - it was 5-0 to Southampton on big chances. Surely Ipswich will revert to the mean at some point. They are constantly winning games against the stats.

We've been waiting for that all season, it isn't happening, even when they do lose a game they go right back to making their own luck the week after.

We won the Prem in similar circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

We've been waiting for that all season, it isn't happening, even when they do lose a game they go right back to making their own luck the week after.

We won the Prem in similar circumstances.

Not really?

Yes we had low possession but we restricted teams to useless possession.

I can't really recall us being lucky in that season often, the Schlupp penatly v West Ham aside

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Not really?

I can't really recall us being lucky in that season often, the Schlupp penatly v West Ham aside

Referring more to pivotal late goals - Dyer against Villa, Ulloa against Norwich, Vardy's late show at Southampton to name a few.

And the comparisons to people expecting us to choke, which we never did. Whenever people expected the wheels to come off, we got ourselves through games somehow.

Edited by OntarioFox

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Referring more to pivotal late goals - Dyer against Villa, Ulloa against Norwich, Vardy's late show at Southampton to name a few.

And the comparisons to people expecting us to choke, which we never did. Whenever people expected the wheels to come off, we got ourselves through games somehow.

Fair enough, but we had nowhere near the same amount of late goals as they have had!

16 minutes ago, KFS said:

They’ll be dog until they go 2-1 up at 70th min, Elland Road will wake up and we’ll be force fed the videos on social media for a week

“Best fans in the Country” TM

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

This is actually funny.  The thing is, our manager knows when to bring on a class, attacking bench.  We may not have been the best today, same as against Blackburn, but we have a never say die attitude and that means a lot.  We have been at the top, or thereabouts, for the whole season - mixing it with the big boys - that isn't fluke its a good manager and our team.  IF we go up, we may get battered, but whats the point in not trying.  We are just enjoying life - no voodoo, drugs, brown envelopes - just a bunch of players working hard.  I struggle to see the hatred to us - we dont hate Leicester - actually prefer you to Leeds by a county mile

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

WTH is Bovril?  (Google)

Meat flavored marmite 

18 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

WTH is Skegness?

A poundland version of Las Vegas 

19 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

WTH is Poundland?

A dollar store 

19 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

WTH is Tesco?

Walgreens 

• Haha 1

Daniel Farke looks like one of Blofeld's henchmen, at a snap of a finger he'll throw you off a bridge

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Not really?

What about the Sunderland game towards end of the season, the Watford 1-0 win, the Southampton 1-0 win towards end of the season. I take your point tho aside from the Norwich game I don't recall us scoring a last minute winner, we were more in control of more games than Ipswich are currently.

25 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

This is completely off the subject, but I am constantly amused at how much Googling I have to do to keep up with conversations on this forum (as a Yank).

WTH is Bovril?  (Google)

It's our Gatorade. The winning coach gets a Bovril shower when they win the FA Cup. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lizzibee said:

This is actually funny.  The thing is, our manager knows when to bring on a class, attacking bench.  We may not have been the best today, same as against Blackburn, but we have a never say die attitude and that means a lot.  We have been at the top, or thereabouts, for the whole season - mixing it with the big boys - that isn't fluke its a good manager and our team.  IF we go up, we may get battered, but whats the point in not trying.  We are just enjoying life - no voodoo, drugs, brown envelopes - just a bunch of players working hard.  I struggle to see the hatred to us - we dont hate Leicester - actually prefer you to Leeds by a county mile

It’s not hatred ( I don’t think😀) it’s more annoyance that you keep winning late (an admirable quality) and that we are so desperate as a club to get promoted with all the off field stuff that we are in a 3 horse race for 2 places. If we’re still 17 points clear we’d have been cheering you onto 2nd place.