Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

This is actually funny.  The thing is, our manager knows when to bring on a class, attacking bench.  We may not have been the best today, same as against Blackburn, but we have a never say die attitude and that means a lot.  We have been at the top, or thereabouts, for the whole season - mixing it with the big boys - that isn't fluke its a good manager and our team.  IF we go up, we may get battered, but whats the point in not trying.  We are just enjoying life - no voodoo, drugs, brown envelopes - just a bunch of players working hard.  I struggle to see the hatred to us - we dont hate Leicester - actually prefer you to Leeds by a county mile

Your luck will run out eventually!..

It has to.. it's just ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

This is actually funny.  The thing is, our manager knows when to bring on a class, attacking bench.  We may not have been the best today, same as against Blackburn, but we have a never say die attitude and that means a lot.  We have been at the top, or thereabouts, for the whole season - mixing it with the big boys - that isn't fluke its a good manager and our team.  IF we go up, we may get battered, but whats the point in not trying.  We are just enjoying life - no voodoo, drugs, brown envelopes - just a bunch of players working hard.  I struggle to see the hatred to us - we dont hate Leicester - actually prefer you to Leeds by a county mile

This sums up my view of Ipswich perfectly.  You make your own luck in football and McKenna clearly has a plan for different phases of the game.  

Before we appointed Enzo, McKenna would have been my choice of "manager to take a punt on"... He's going to the top for sure.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hebangsthedrums said:

Not really paid attention - why does no-one like Southampton manager?

Seems to be Brendan-lite. Probably believes in buzzwords. Shit hairstyle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

It’s not hatred ( I don’t think😀) it’s more annoyance that you keep winning late (an admirable quality) and that we are so desperate as a club to get promoted with all the off field stuff that we are in a 3 horse race for 2 places. If we’re still 17 points clear we’d have been cheering you onto 2nd place. 

Let's hope us two can go up then.  I like to think if we did it would be a good sign to other clubs that it can be done. If we don't - our fans have no issue we areaway above where we thought.  Sorry we keep winning, but dont plan on stopping

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Not really paid attention - why does no-one like Southampton manager?

Just imagine a slightly taller and full of beard Rodgers...you have your answer.

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Your luck will run out eventually!..

It has to.. it's just ridiculous.

It hasn't yet - we had a bad run over Christmas. It's not luck - it's game planning. We had this final run last year, we are prepped

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

Whilst I bear Ipswich no ill will (unlike Leeds) and I respect their achievements, the quality and style of play is antediluvian 

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

don goodman wanting a leeds winner from the sounds of it

He was wetting himself when we played Leeds when they won. Talked us down as well, he's a useless turd tea pot

• Like 1

Just now, Lizzibee said:

It hasn't yet - we had a bad run over Christmas. It's not luck - it's game planning. We had this final run last year, we are prepped

Granted some games is, but my word, you've had a lot of luck as well! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

Let's hope us two can go up then.  I like to think if we did it would be a good sign to other clubs that it can be done. If we don't - our fans have no issue we areaway above where we thought.  Sorry we keep winning, but dont plan on stopping

Ipswich have the best chance of the three of going up in the play offs, if they do miss out there will be less despondency and more rolling the sleeves up and just getting on with those 3 games.