Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

12 minutes ago, Lizzibee said:

This is actually funny.  The thing is, our manager knows when to bring on a class, attacking bench.  We may not have been the best today, same as against Blackburn, but we have a never say die attitude and that means a lot.  We have been at the top, or thereabouts, for the whole season - mixing it with the big boys - that isn't fluke its a good manager and our team.  IF we go up, we may get battered, but whats the point in not trying.  We are just enjoying life - no voodoo, drugs, brown envelopes - just a bunch of players working hard.  I struggle to see the hatred to us - we dont hate Leicester - actually prefer you to Leeds by a county mile

The theory on "sports hatred" to which I subscribe (I don't know where this came from originally) -- Sports Hatred is primarily Jealousy.

Leicester supporters hate on Ipswich because (1) they are winning, consistently, (2) they mostly play exuberant, positive attacking football (while we occasionally slip into doldrums), and (3) they are actually ahead of us! (dammit)  We are jealous on all three points.

I hated Man United in 1999 because they were simply winning everything in sight.  And that was jealousy!.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Brussell's not happy

He probably tried hard not to say anything very bad about the ref. They were the better team and Hull so far is the better team against Leeds. But Leeds will also win. Why? Because both Ipswich and Leeds are happy to surrender big chunks of ball possession even at home games. They know that at this level teams are very prone to mistakes, defenders are useless with bad positioning in most cases. 

The 70%-80% obsession of possession of "modern" football will soon go to the bin. Even Man City is struggling now. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Had us winning on goals scored!

image.png.d66a8136ab522dbed40f684e8e960a28.png

Conveniently Coventry just missing out on play-offs, too...

lollol I would that to be real.. I hope you are right buddy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

He probably tried hard not to say anything very bad about the ref. They were the better team and Hull so far is the better team against Leeds. But Leeds will also win. Why? Because both Ipswich and Leeds are happy to surrender big chunks of ball possession even at home games. They know that at this level teams are very prone to mistakes, defenders are useless with bad positioning in most cases. 

The 70%-80% obsession of possession of "modern" football will soon go to the bin. Even Man City is struggling now. 

also helped in that Ipswich game that the ref bottled some key decisions, Morsy got away with tackle that should have been a second booking, and the bree sending off was harsh

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Bamford has been absolutely appalling

Still remember that penalty v Stoke

Rufus Smalls in Mike Bassett: England Manager vibes

12 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Check the possession we had on our poor run, buddy

Hold up just wanna manifest something here quickly

Anass Zaroury is crap and doesn't know where the net is

Edited by OntarioFox
thank me later

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

These last two seasons cannot be good for the heart. 

Spend my time watching fvcking Leeds games lol 

• Haha 1