Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Gonna be a nail biting end to this season after all. Whoever predicted this would happen when we were flying high on 12+ points is otherworldly!

I have never known a season where teams so often win, despite their poor performance! 

Surely, these types of games will even themselves out in the last 7. Leeds and Ipswich can't play like that many more times and still win! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The worse thing about Dan James is his trademark and unique rag doll diving when he’s tackled or even when he tackles. He literally goes limp so it looks as if he’s been hit by a car. Such a cheat. 

He's in the Top 3 already alongside Fernandes "Ratatouille" and Richarlison. Maupay is trying hard to sneak in also. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It is actually bad for your mental health isn’t it. Like I’m not enjoying any of this. Need to seriously discharge from it all because it’s exhausting and relentless and it has been for four or five years. 

I'd recommend having a break from here.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I have never known a season where teams so often win, despite their poor performance! 

Surely, these types of games will even themselves out in the last 7. Leeds and Ipswich can't play like that many more times and still win! 

Looking like the only way we will go up is to win our 7 remaining games. After a really good win today, tonight's 2 results are a real kick in the teeth. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s a title race. Yes we shouldn’t be in. Yes we should’ve been well away BUT today we got something I feel we’ve been crying out for two years. 

The players gave a shit today. 

**** Leeds. **** ****ing Ipswich. They’ll drop. We are going to be relentless. Stephy and Abdul are going to be unplayable for the last 7.

You need help lol 

Saturday is huge now. Despite being poor today, Norwich will always be up for the Old Farm derby and Coventry will take some heart from Hull's defeat with the play offs to go for. First thing for us is a win and 3 points whatever happens elsewhere. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Looking like the only way we will go up is to win our 7 remaining games. After a really good win today, tonight's 2 results are a real kick in the teeth. 

I still think Ipswich will have one more wobble in these last 7 games. 

Leeds may kick on now after playing shite but still winning tonight. 

We have hopefully had our big wobble and will get some momentum going again exactly at the right time. 

Saints out of Autos, despite Russel's crying! 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Capture.PNG

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Second time they've been gifted a win late at Elland Road with a silly penalty

It feels to me... and obviously this can't be true... that the teams playing Leeds and Ipswich are gifting them wins at the minute. Late penalties, stupid late goals, getting players sent off when very much in control of the game.

Ipswich and Leeds are very good teams, but I can't get out of my head the scene from Jason and the Argonauts when we see the gods in Mt Olympus manipulating events to their own ends, but in this version Zeus is played by Dennis Wise and Hera is David Nielsen (aka Roy Cropper in Coronation Street.)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s a title race. Yes we shouldn’t be in. Yes we should’ve been well away BUT today we got something I feel we’ve been crying out for two years. 

The players gave a shit today. 

**** Leeds. **** ****ing Ipswich. They’ll drop. We are going to be relentless. Stephy and Abdul are going to be unplayable for the last 7.

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Tbh it was quite boring when everything was easy for us.

This is fun.

I may be a masochist though.

Wasn’t boring and wish we were still  190 points ahead but this is a damn lot of fun 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Both Saints and Hull deserved at least a point. Both home teams get the key decisions at the end of the game. A feature this season for both those two teams. 

5 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Tbh it was quite boring when everything was easy for us.

This is fun.

I may be a masochist though.

Miss Whiplash is ready for your Monday special Mr Brizzle.

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It is actually bad for your mental health isn’t it. Like I’m not enjoying any of this. Need to seriously discharge from it all because it’s exhausting and relentless and it has been for four or five years. 

Just have some fun mate. Whatever happens it's going to be a grand finale to the season. Gather some friends around in the next games and enjoy it. Still 7 games to go, a game in hand, more drama is coming. Even more drama is coming if we get promoted. It never ends. 

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Wasn’t boring and wish we were still  190 points ahead but this is a damn lot of fun 

Its great isn't it. A proper slugfest.

If we can get over the line it will feel like we've properly earned it and more importantly that were got some character back in the club

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It feels to me... and obviously this can't be true... that the teams playing Leeds and Ipswich are gifting them wins at the minute. Late penalties, stupid late goals, getting players sent off when very much in control of the game.

Ipswich and Leeds are very good teams, but I can't get out of my head the scene from Jason and the Argonauts when we see the gods in Mt Olympus manipulating events to their own ends, but in this version Zeus is played by Dennis Wise and Hera is David Nielsen (aka Roy Cropper in Coronation Street.)

Are we playing Blackburn on the final day or fighting a load of animated Skeletons?

• Like 1