Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

I'm glad we are all playing on the same day at the moment. Wrapped up until Saturday, we can focus on the other football this week, days are getting longer. A little break will do us all good.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Way back in the 1990s the playoffs gave me two of the worst (Blackburn, Swindon) and two of the best (Derby, Palace) times I've ever had watching Leicester. They're probably the most fun way to get promoted, and definitely the worst way not to.

Both of my experiences with it have been utter shit. Kermo and Knockaert. You can see Abdul doing something ****ing stupid can’t you lol 

13 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

My worry with Ipswich and Leeds is they don’t even play well and win. Yes they have tough fixtures but they win anyway. 

You can't keep going to the wire and expect last minute winners. Ipswich have been tremendous at that this season but they're gutsy and most importantly that's good variance more than any other factor.

There will be Leeds and Ipswich fans looking at their fixtures and our fixtures thinking it's a two horse race between them two as we'll be first. The truth is that it's all to play for and all three of us are likely to drop a good few points between now and the end.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

its a shame southampton didnt get anything tonight. that last game could see them having nothing to play for by then. 

Even if mathematically unable to get a top 2 finish, Russel will still moan at the press and say they have been written off unfairly and will prove people wrong... 

Edited by STUHILL

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

its a shame southampton didnt get anything tonight. that last game could see them having nothing to play for by then. 

That was probably always likely so may well involve rotation ahead of playoffs. Today may have made them more likely to have nothing to play for against us I think.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

One small modicum of comfort is, in order for Cov to get 6th, they are likely going to have to take points off one of Leeds or Ipswich which makes our chances of top 2 a little better. If they don't and we end up 3rd then I'd be more confident of Norwich or Preston over 2 legs than them.

Clutching at straws.

Worked out perfectly today so that if both Norwich and Coventry win it helps us hugely whilst allowing Norwich to keep the gap.

• Like 1

I am actually quite happy it is now between 3 teams for 2 spots, with Southampton unlikely to make up that gap now. 

I still think Ipswich will wobble in these final 7, especially if they pick up a key injury or two, which may have happened today already. 

Will all be for nothing unless we build on today though. 

5 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

My worry with Ipswich and Leeds is they don’t even play well and win. Yes they have tough fixtures but they win anyway. 

Well, that's what top teams have to do and at the moment, they're top teams in this league.

Leeds were very lucky to get away with three points, as they were rubbish for much of that match.  But when you have the better skill players that puts a lot of pressure on the opposition, especially late in the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Its great isn't it. A proper slugfest.

If we can get over the line it will feel like we've properly earned it and more importantly that were got some character back in the club

Absolutely agreed. Plus personally I got an inordinate amount of work and travel this month, and then an exam at the end of April. I need a frivolous distraction, and this excitement is perfect for that!! 

It will go down to the last game of the season, we definitely deserve to finish in the top 2 but we need to win pretty much all of our remaining games, we can do it!

At some point Ipswich will have to lose a game. You can’t keep doing this surely? 

All we can do is just focus on us, we’ve got a massive advantage being we have a game extra to play. We’ve been on good runs previously, we need to try and do it again. Enzo needs to learn a lot about himself over the coming weeks. 7 massive games to go, let’s go out and win all of them, then it’s ours. 

#****theefl.

Ipswich just seem destined to go up.

I almost feel that its just written that way, and nothing will change it.

We can talk about all the luck they have had, and I can't remember a team having more in the course of a season, in 50 odd years of watching football, but if they don't keep going to the end, or if they don't take them shots that take a deflection or two, then they don't get that luck that has come their way.

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

That leicester v Southampton fixture is so vital. Have Ipswich got a game in hand?

No, we have a game in hand over the top two. Win all our games and we go up. Sounds easy. 😂  6 wins would do it I reckon as can't see Leeds or Ipswich winning all theirs. Could come down to goal difference. 

I think in the end quality will shine through and it'll be us and Leeds that go up. I will however be willing Ipswich to win the playoffs as never seen a side that deserve to go up more than them. Especially if we all get near on or above 100 pts and they finish 3rd, it's brutal.

• Like 3

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I think in the end quality will shine through and it'll be us and Leeds that go up. I will however be willing Ipswich to win the playoffs as never seen a side that deserve to go up more than them. Especially if we all get near on or above 100 pts and they finish 3rd, it's brutal.

Whoever comes third this season can feel very hard done by but whoever it is would deserve to win the playoffs. But as we know, often that doesn't pan out. To the neutral, it's an exciting scrap at the top. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

At some point Ipswich will have to lose a game. You can’t keep doing this surely? 

They lost against Cardiff. 

Same day we drew with Hull.