Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

18 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Keith Stroud getting surrounded by players was one of the least surprising sights of the weekend lol dreading when we have him, can’t believe he’s lasted this long!

Don't think we can as he has Leicester links I thought? 

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Does anyone really need to wait for some shit highlights show on ITV when there's about ten highlight videos on Youtube straight after the match finishes?

I miss the days of Claridge giving monotone observations as they just went through the leagues, gone midnight. 

It's the same reason I like final score on a cold winter's night. There's just something about it that sounds right.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I miss the days of Claridge giving monotone observations as they just went through the leagues, gone midnight. 

It's the same reason I like final score on a cold winter's night. There's just something about it that sounds right.

I'm sat in my Claridge replica shirt right now and the Walkers sponsor has just started to peel. This is a sign.

8 minutes ago, Torten said:

Danish keeper starfish saving 1 on 1’s in the Championship, turns out to not get old even 10 years later

IMG_4512.jpeg

i was starting to think our keepers were getting told to look small and avoid all contact with the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Leeds' injury list grows

Blimey, they're having it worse than us.

I do think Leeds are the most likely of the three relegated sides to struggle this season.

Just now, Bilo said:

I do think Leeds are the most likely of the three relegated sides to struggle this season.

Might take them even longer to get going. They were already struggling up front before this weekend, with some saying it'll take them til middle of September to get up and running. Now may be longer. Wonder how their transfer business will go before now and end of the window. 

30 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Have you seen the state of Southampton tonight? lol 

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Might take them even longer to get going. They were already struggling up front before this weekend, with some saying it'll take them til middle of September to get up and running. Now may be longer. Wonder how their transfer business will go before now and end of the window. 

Cooper is a big one for them, he is their leader. He got injured when he scored Sunday I believe ? 

They looked terrible Sunday in the first half but did get going in the game. They will be similar to us, it will take a while but with all these injuries it will take a lot longer 

Edited by goose2010

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Have you seen the state of Southampton tonight? lol 

Quite a heavily changed side though. It does, however, suggest they lack depth and are a couple of injuries or poorly replaced sales away from being weakened.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Cooper is a big one for them, he is their leader. You got injured when he scored Sunday I believe ? 

They looked terrible Sunday in the first half but did get going in the game. They will be similar to us, it will take a while but with all these injuries it will take a lot longer 

Yeah Cardiff were unlucky not to get the 3 points. 

But I didn't get injured, thanks for your concern though! 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

6 of their starters were playing in the PL last season to be fair. It wasn't like it was a full reserve side. 

That’s what I mean Stan…

30 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Quite a heavily changed side though. It does, however, suggest they lack depth and are a couple of injuries or poorly replaced sales away from being weakened.

They weren’t particularly good on Friday either. Fans already questioning Poundland Brendan’s tactics 

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Good! Big loss for Southampton. The more our rivals for promotion are weakened, the better! 

Hmm, depends how well (and much) they reinvest from what’s likely to be a tidy sum. Not jumping for joy just yet!

10 hours ago, AjcW said:

They weren’t particularly good on Friday either. Fans already questioning Poundland Brendan’s tactics 

Foxestalk had them down as gaining 138 points this season and being European champions by 2026 after the first 30 minutes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Foxestalk had them down as gaining 138 points this season and being European champions by 2026 after the first 30 minutes.

Yep! I’ve called it out a few times and keep getting shot down lol