Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

24 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Can’t see anyone winning all their remaining games so a few twists and turns yet.

We are the team most capable of putting in a turd of a performance though so depends which Leicester turns up for the rest of the season

To be fair, i think all 3 teams are capable of, and have been putting in turd performances. The difference is we don't seem to be able to go gung ho at the end to grind out a draw or a win. I thought Leeds were awful yesterday and managed to get that penalty by going all in. It was a massive lost opportunity for Hull - they outplayed Leeds for significant stretches of that game. Shame as they look decent.

17 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Ipswich players booed off aha.

Don't be silly. We were booing the ref, not the players. I know you lot were fixated on Morsy but you seem to have missed the fact that Saints were getting away with constant, niggly fouls while Morsy was the only one (at that point) to get any kind of punishment. 

Second half, Hutchinson got hauled back by his collar when we were 2-on-2 and neither the ref nor the Lino noticed. It doesn't fit your 'lucky Ipswich' narrative, but we definitely weren't booing off our players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nope, its about get the ball in the area in a shooting position and it may find its way in. No team wins that amount of games late or comes back from losing positions so often due to pure luck.

Something that doesn't happen to us as we're too busy fannying around with it 50 yards away from the oppositions goal when we desperatley need a goal.

Was their goal against us on boxing day lucky?

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah of course it was but my point is that you only get the luck if you're throwing men forward and getting shots off and taking risks I guess you can say you make your own luck.

It's like when Sean Dyche used to moan Burnley never got penalties, no you don't tend to when you spend most games with all men except Chris Wood camped in front of your own area....

2 hours ago, KFS said:

What’s wild is this coming week (Sat-Fri) and then 20-27 will define the season. Two very intense mini tournaments where LCFC play first virtually every game. We have an opportunity to be in the driver’s seat here massively if Maresca can keep them focused across those two weeks.

Expect to be willing Cov to win on the 30th of April. Could well be another Chelsea and Eden Hazard moment. 

Did not realise cov v Ipswich is on Tues 30 April!!! I am away with clients for those two days, will be scoping a local bar that will hopefully show it. You're right, that could be the moment! Cov also play Leeds at home this Saturday. Championship and champions league midweeks look brilliant in April, I will be double screening often.

26 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

A lot of our fans spewing the same nonsense that was spoken about us in 2016

Yes Ipswich are us in 15/16 and we are possibly going to come 3rd in what was a 2 horse race for a long time. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

A lot of our fans spewing the same nonsense that was spoken about us in 2016

I don't think it's quite the same.

The argument against us was that everyone else was shit and that's why we were lucky.

This year you could put a good argument for us and Leeds to be two of the best ever Championship sides. Ipswich's perceived luck is down to individual moments consistently going their way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Ipswich have scored 21 goals after the 90th minute now and won 24 more points as a result. That’s a never quit attitude. 

That's not quite right.  Maybe after the 80th minute, which is still good, but as the game enters the 90th minute and beyond, there have been 13 games with goals.  They've scored 8 and conceded 7.  And in fact, they'd be a point better off if there was no injury time at all.  Most of their injury time goals actually didn't materially affect the outcome.

2 hours ago, Tractor said:

Don't be silly. We were booing the ref, not the players. I know you lot were fixated on Morsy but you seem to have missed the fact that Saints were getting away with constant, niggly fouls while Morsy was the only one (at that point) to get any kind of punishment. 

Second half, Hutchinson got hauled back by his collar when we were 2-on-2 and neither the ref nor the Lino noticed. It doesn't fit your 'lucky Ipswich' narrative, but we definitely weren't booing off our players.

tbf i think it was obvious the fans were booing the ref, on morsy he was on a yellow card when he did that challenge on Downes, and any other ref that would be another, think there is more a thing on him cos hes done it a few times and hes not got a 2nd yellow when he should have,

then again youve had that a few times with players

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nope, its about get the ball in the area in a shooting position and it may find its way in. No team wins that amount of games late or comes back from losing positions so often due to pure luck.

Something that doesn't happen to us as we're too busy fannying around with it 50 yards away from the oppositions goal when we desperatley need a goal.

As with most arguments online, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Don't really know why you've bothered making an account to argue with Leicester fans who are clearly just wound up that Ipswich won't back off.

We've watched you score countless scrappy injury time winners. It's annoying as ****.

I would suggest you're better off logging off and talking to fellow Ipswich fans about how good you've got it.

Made the account a while ago and was quite complimentary about you lot, but you've really got a bee in your bonnet now 😂

Honestly, reading all the other forums about us is incredibly fun. Enjoy the run-in, chaps 

Just now, Tractor said:

Made the account a while ago and was quite complimentary about you lot, but you've really got a bee in your bonnet now 😂

Honestly, reading all the other forums about us is incredibly fun. Enjoy the run-in, chaps 

Whatever floats your boat mate! 

51 minutes ago, Tractor said:

Personally I'd much rather go up with you lot  than dirty Leeds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Personally I'd much rather go up with you lot  than dirty Leeds.

By a country mile. Very happy to see different teams reaching the Prem. Ipswich are a splendid club who upset the apple cart in the 80s, introduced glamorous continental players like Thijssen and Muhren. The Ipswich fans I know are all splendid people, and I’d be delighted for them to go up automatically, ideally with us!

• Like 4

I don’t care who goes up if we don’t. The only team I’ll be angry with is Leicester City in that circumstance. I’m past caring about other teams, bar local rivals(Cov won’t even get a play off place), because of anecdotal fan encounters and social media engagement. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think it's quite the same.

The argument against us was that everyone else was shit and that's why we were lucky.

This year you could put a good argument for us and Leeds to be two of the best ever Championship sides. Ipswich's perceived luck is down to individual moments consistently going their way.

I read one Leicester fan on Twitter calling their style of play shit. 

Yeah they’ve had a lot of deflected goals but we’re trying to act like every goal they score is down to luck, it’s embarrassing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A double deflection, it was incredible wasnt it, in a  game where the ref didnt send their bloke off for a blatant second yellow, and denied KDH a stonewall pen.

Yep, id say that was damn lucky.

Even their goal down here took a slight deflection off of a defenders boot, from the initial shot to wrong foot Mads, which meant when he saved it, he pushed it out in front of him, straight to their bloke who scored, instead of to the side and safety.

• Like 1