Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Shame to see Rotherham go but it’s been on the cards for months now. Hard for them to compete at this level but hopefully they will be back again soon.

This Norwich Ipswich game feels too much like that Blackburn Burnley one from back in 2014. History massively on Blackburn's (Norwich's) side but the other side just have such a camaraderie about them that it doesn't matter. I know Ipswich didn't beat them at home but just got a feeling it's gonna be further joy for them and they'll win 1-2 or something. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 4

On 01/04/2024 at 22:36, Ric Flair said:

One small modicum of comfort is, in order for Cov to get 6th, they are likely going to have to take points off one of Leeds or Ipswich which makes our chances of top 2 a little better. If they don't and we end up 3rd then I'd be more confident of Norwich or Preston over 2 legs than them.

Clutching at straws.

That's a relief honestly. I don't think I could take two legs against them. Would be unbearable.

• Like 3

On 04/04/2024 at 09:23, jayfox26 said:

I've no issue with Farke being nominated, its Rosenior I don't understand. Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester are all getting 90+ points this season, so all 3 managers should be nominated and Mckenna is the obvious stand out winner in my opinion. I'd argue that Rosenior has underperformed given the players he has at his disposal. Given their January signings as well, they should have motored for the final stretch of the season and been a cert for the play offs, but instead they've been incredibly inconsistent and will most likely not make the play offs. Rosenior is young and I'm sure he'll be a good manager for many years to come but I'm not sure his achievements this season are any better than most managers in this league. If they make the play offs and get promoted, then that will be a different story but seems very unlikely. 

I am absolutely baffled that Rosenior got in. Absolutely ridiculous, 10th with that Hull side could be argued as underachieving. McKenna will walk it but why do they have this before the end? Like how can you nominate Farke when there's still a chance Leeds don't go up?

Rosenior could only be considered from here for me if he took Hull up which is extremely unlikely.

• Like 1

If McKenna finishes 3rd then loses in the playoffs, it’s still McKenna. He’s done an excellent job.

People say Ipswich are lucky, however you write your own luck and if we have 90% of their mentality, we’d have walked this league with our extra quality. 

He’s done an exceptional job with that squad and fully deserves to get this award. 

I really hope Ipswich and ourselves are the two automatics. McKenna deserves to (I’m also intrigued to see) how he’d get on in the Premier League with his style of play. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am absolutely baffled that Rosenior got in. Absolutely ridiculous, 10th with that Hull side could be argued as underachieving. McKenna will walk it but why do they have this before the end? Like how can you nominate Farke when there's still a chance Leeds don't go up?

Rosenior could only be considered from here for me if he took Hull up which is extremely unlikely.

Yeah I agree. I actually think he's done worse for them since making all these exciting signings in January. They've been largely disappointing over a similar period to us in 2024.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This Norwich Ipswich game feels too much like that Blackburn Burnley one from back in 2014. History massively on Blackburn's (Norwich's) side but the other side just have such a camaraderie about them that it doesn't matter. I know Ipswich didn't beat them at home but just got a feeling it's gonna be further joy for them and they'll win 1-2 or something. Hope I'm wrong.

The international break may well have stunted Norwich's rhythm. They looked very poor against us and had struggled by all accounts in the game they came back and won vs Plymouth on Good Friday. 

This is the game they need to get up for, but Wagner is another manager who's sides are incredibly streaky and can suddenly drop off for large periods.

Coventry are the more resilient of the two sides. They will relish this today.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Norwich 1   Ipswich 2

(Sara 51)     (Hirst 90+2)

(Sarmiento 90+12)

• Haha 2

Ipswich will win 1-2/1-3. We need to get it into our heads that they’re not dropping any more points. 9 wins in 10, the one loss was that fluke result v Cardiff, they should be 10 from 10, exactly the same as last season. They’re relentless. It’s us and Leeds battling for second. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I have a bad feeling Ipswich are going to win too.

54 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Norwich 1   Ipswich 2

(Sara 51)     (Hirst 90+2)

(Gibson (Own Goal)   90+12)

Fixed

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sly said:

If McKenna finishes 3rd then loses in the playoffs, it’s still McKenna. He’s done an excellent job.

People say Ipswich are lucky, however you write your own luck and if we have 90% of their mentality, we’d have walked this league with our extra quality. 

He’s done an exceptional job with that squad and fully deserves to get this award. 

I really hope Ipswich and ourselves are the two automatics. McKenna deserves to (I’m also intrigued to see) how he’d get on in the Premier League with his style of play. 

Ipswich being lucky and McKenna doing a good job are not mutually exclusive.  And I would argue both are true.

Perfectly logical for Farke to be nominated, as Leeds are at the top of the table and along with a lot of attacking talent, he also inherited a colossal mess and an organization left in shambles by the old owner and DoF.  Rosenior is indeed a very weird choice.  But McKenna should probably win, certainly if Ipswich manage to go up.

Feels tense as hell around Norwich city centre today, usually pretty loud around the riverside area but seems fully on edge today

Has the feeling of a massive day all round 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Ipswich will win 1-2/1-3. We need to get it into our heads that they’re not dropping any more points. 9 wins in 10, the one loss was that fluke result v Cardiff, they should be 10 from 10, exactly the same as last season. They’re relentless. It’s us and Leeds battling for second. 

They’re relentless but they give way too much away at the back. They cannot win the rest of their games on that basis alone. They will come unstuck once or twice. I got it wrong that they would drop away due to conceding so many because they refreshed their forward options in January and that really worked out well for them as even when they let a couple in, they simply outscore the opposition. 

• Like 2

why are people really ruling out Norwich today? their home record is way better than their away, 

might have been poor against us but fully expect them to be up for today

as ive said before, they will be more than up for this one to dent ipswich hopes; and have a funny feeling they'll win it; 

....they need to cos last place for the play offs is so tight and theyd like to dent Ipswich too

• Like 1