Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So on the basis of us potentially giving them six points this season they will walk the league? 

They did the double on us last season… wasn’t exactly a big achievement lol 

Just think they’ll struggle against some of the more established championship sides who have been building their squads up over the last few years. 

We finished 9 points above them even while giving them a 6 point head start. 

Let's not beat about the bush; they were absolute shit last season and I struggle to see how and where they've improved. 

• Like 1

Aarons is a funny one. Wasn’t he literally signing for Barcelona(might have been Milan?) a couple of years ago? Must have really knocked him when that fell through last minute. 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Aarons is a funny one. Wasn’t he literally signing for Barcelona(might have been Milan?) a couple of years ago? Must have really knocked him when that fell through last minute. 

Yeah he was definitely linked to Barca at one point. Huge fall from grace

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah he was definitely linked to Barca at one point. Huge fall from grace

I remember him being at the airport on deadline day or something along this lines. 

Everyone thought Lewis who went to Newcastle was going to be a star as well 

49 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I desperately need someone to explain the Southampton love in too me.

Bunch of kids, about to lose their leader, hired an absolute charlatan, goalkeeper is absolutely diabolical, only signings this year have been another youngster and a mate of the managers. 

They looked poor in Friday but scraped a win, and they got battered last night with 6 or 7 first teamers playing. 

They’ll struggle and have a new manager by January IMHO. 

Obviously might be completely wrong, but the amount of hype for them on here is just odd. 

just out of curiosity, which teams in this league do you think are stronger than southampton?  personally i think if you finish above them, you’ve won the league. 

The player that you’re saying is ‘martins mate’ had the 3rd highest assists  last season 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I desperately need someone to explain the Southampton love in too me.

Bunch of kids, about to lose their leader, hired an absolute charlatan, goalkeeper is absolutely diabolical, only signings this year have been another youngster and a mate of the managers. 

They looked poor in Friday but scraped a win, and they got battered last night with 6 or 7 first teamers playing. 

They’ll struggle and have a new manager by January IMHO. 

Obviously might be completely wrong, but the amount of hype for them on here is just odd. 

I find it weird that people think they’re in a better position than us. Yes, we’re going to need reinforcements in attack but we’ve recruited a lot better than them so far. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lionator said:

I find it weird that people think they’re in a better position than us. Yes, we’re going to need reinforcements in attack but we’ve recruited a lot better than them so far. 

It's natural that people will start looking to the competition but the love-in for them is slightly ridiculous. They haven't recruited brilliantly, will lose JWP and Lavia with limited time to replace them (look how quickly we sorted Maddison and Barnes by comparison,) and they didn't look convincing at Sheffield Wednesday after the first 30 minutes. 

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ward-Prowse going is great news for us.

Yep. It was as inevitable that JWP and Lavia would leave Southampton as it was that Maddison and Barnes would leave us, but we got our deals done quickly with plenty of time to select, scout and sign replacements. Southampton will have much less time to do the same and we'll be ahead of them in crucial areas. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Aarons over Maehle is poor by Bournemouth 

Not convinced by Bournemouth at all and I think they'll regret sacking O'Neil.

Bottom three with Sheffield United and Notts Forest for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Been a great week for us with other sides losing key players.

Lavia will probably go Chelsea now aswell.

The difference a good manager makes. 

Had we made the wrong appointment, we could have lost Nacho, KDH, Ricardo and Justin as well as made weaker signings ourselves. We've actually had a better transfer window than some of the bottom Prem teams.