Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

21 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If Coventry can beat Ipswich, from our point of view it gives us a great chance and from their point of view if they make the play offs they go there having beaten the best 3 teams in the league.

I think they beat Ipswich for sure

• Like 2

4 wins and 2 draws (dropping 4 points) needed to guarantee promotion.

That's if Leeds win all 5 of their games, bringing their maximum total to 101. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

Cos they'll probably be resting for the playoffs.

And if they do that the squad players will be giving it there all to get into the team. 

54 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Vardy made a career out of that, but sure he could of just gone through on goal

He did and I never liked it. Not keen on players trying to deceive referees at all

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Cov are good but are seventh for a reason. They fck up, regularly

tbf was a bit unlucky in the game against Cardiff, 2 OGs

and only lost 1 in the last 6 in all comp's and that was the cardiff game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

see Rowett thought our first goal shouldnt have counted and that Faes should have been sent off too.....

Wonder if he remembers that James probably should have been sent off too for 2 yellows....

When should Faes have been sent off? 

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Knew that Ipswich were going to slip up.

That could hurt them, psychologically.

If Norwich get 6th they'll beat Ipswich over two legs as well. For some reason Norwich have a deep rooted superiority over them in that derby.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If Norwich get 6th they'll beat Ipswich over two legs as well. For some reason Norwich have a deep rooted superiority over them in that derby.

It’s weird because Ipswich are the most successful team of the two by a distance historically 

The Championship is an absolutely mental league and the whole thing is going right down to the wire.

3 teams in the mix for automatic promotion and another one that in any other season would be looking good to go up.

Still quite a few teams in the mix for the playoffs - though West Brom and Norwich should get the places from here.

At the bottom 9 teams separated by just 5 points! It’s going to be a cracking finish this season. 

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The best bit is, they have to help us out another two times if their season is going to amount to anything lol

There's a genuine possibility they send us up in that Ipswich game. I obviously want to witness us get promoted but I think I'd sacrifice it for that. Would be even better if it was a draw that both promoted us and basically killed their season lol 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There's a genuine possibility they send us up in that Ipswich game. I obviously want to witness us get promoted but I think I'd sacrifice it for that. Would be even better if it was a draw that both promoted us and basically killed their season lol 

It's just not fair

‘Boro could be Kingmaker.
They’re unbeaten in 7, pushing for the playoffs……..and have Ipswich & Leeds still to play.

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 2