Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

The more I think about it, the more ludicrous it is that Rosenior was nominated ahead for MOTY ahead of Robins, Corberan and Carrick.

Was it done by vote by other coaches or an EFL board selected the 3? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Ipswich have got Hull and Cov away in the space of 4 days... they will do very well to come away from that with 6 points.

Depends if Norwich keep picking up points and Coventry/hull likely have to keep winning 

It could be that they aren’t able to catch Norwich by then which would give Ipswich an easier task 

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It doesn't take much working out, it's the way the world is now ability comes second.

Well I didn’t wanna put it like this but yeah everyone certainly is thinking it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Ipswich have got Hull and Cov away in the space of 4 days... they will do very well to come away from that with 6 points.

April was always the month that was going to test Ipswich. If they come through it with enough to go up you’d have to commend them. 

I was disappointed with the way they beat Southampton so the Norwich result was a major plus for us and Leeds. One win is still better than two draws so those extra 2 points against the Saints could still prove important. But they appear to have the most difficult run in on paper. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

‘Boro could be Kingmaker.
They’re unbeaten in 7, pushing for the playoffs……..and have Ipswich & Leeds still to play.

Especially as they play them in their next 3 games where they won't yet be out of the play off running. 

• Like 4

Guest leatherhead32
1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

if we had them bach to back id be concerned , as you say thed do well to get 6 . on the back of that things look very good now.:schmike:

While Coventry are still chasing the play offs they'll give it everything, Which is good for us as they might take some key points from others which will help us.

We just have to do our own business and keep winning.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

While Coventry are still chasing the play offs they'll give it everything, Which is good for us as they might take some key points from others which will help us.

We just have to do our own business and keep winning.

That's the ideal hope isn't it. 

Same with Hull playing Ipswich in the penultimate weekend. 

Hull play Middlesbrough on Tuesday. Arguably want Middlesbrough to win so they're closer to the playoffs as they play Ipswich and Leeds in their two games after that. 

• Like 2

Also, if it pans out this way, it's great to have games that mean something at both ends of the table on the final day... 

Birmingham vs Norwich 

Coventry vs QPR 

Ipswich vs Huddersfield 

Leicester vs Blackburn

Plymouth vs Hull

(ideally there's nothing riding in our game!). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Depends if Norwich keep picking up points and Coventry/hull likely have to keep winning 

It could be that they aren’t able to catch Norwich by then which would give Ipswich an easier task 

Cov more likely to be in the mix for sure. Largely irrelevant now after yesterday's results if we go on another winning run anyway! 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's the ideal hope isn't it. 

Same with Hull playing Ipswich in the penultimate weekend. 

Hull play Middlesbrough on Tuesday. Arguably want Middlesbrough to win so they're closer to the playoffs as they play Ipswich and Leeds in their two games after that. 

Yes that's exactly it, I can't see Ipswich or Leeds winning all their games. We just have to be focused and ready for each game and hope the Southampton game won't matter by then.

Basically 14 pts guarantees us at least 2nd place. 
Ipswich max points = 102

Leeds max points    = 101

Millwall 1pt

Plymouth 3

West Brom 3

Saints 1

Preston 1

Blackburn 3.

That gives us 12 pts(100 in total). Maybe it’s a conservative prediction, maybe not, but gives us room to manoeuvre. 

Edited by STEVIE B

17 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

That's the hope. I tried to reassure myself of this after the Bristol / QPR / Middlesbrough debacles

Logic suggested we couldn't continue that badly and they both couldn't continue that well 

Amazed they each only have five games left..a nice three game blip and they are hopefully royally fcked

Millwall, Plymouth & West Brom next 3 all got something to play for so won’t be easy but that’s a pretty decent run of games for our situation. West Brom are stuttering a bit too. 

Ipswich have a very tough run in 

5 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

amazing how some on here thought them and Leeds would just easily brush every aside everyone infront of them.....

Hull, Cov and Boro still have alot to play for

3 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Basically 14 pts guarantees us at least 2nd place. 
Ipswich max points = 102

Leeds max points    = 101

Millwall 1pt

Plymouth 3

West Brom 3

Saints 1

Preston 1

Blackburn 3.

That gives us 12 pts(100 in total). Maybe it’s a conservative prediction, maybe not, but gives us room to manoeuvre. 

14 pts would mean champions, winning 4 or 5 of our games would mean Ipswich have no chance of overhauling our superior goal difference

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CheeseHead said:

14 pts would mean champions, winning 4 or 5 of our games would mean Ipswich have no chance of overhauling our superior goal difference

Not even if they smash teams & we don't ? 

I'm trying to look at it conservatively,  which l have highlighted. 

I hope you're right though.

12 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

amazing how some on here thought them and Leeds would just easily brush every aside everyone infront of them.....

Hull, Cov and Boro still have alot to play for

Just how it goes psychologically, I suppose- Leeds have been relentless (yesterday was their first loss of 2024) and Ipswich have just been finding a way week after week. It was starting to feel like they weren't going to slip up much, if at all.

Highlights how important it is to keep winning and the amount of pressure that creates for the other teams.

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Just how it goes psychologically, I suppose- Leeds have been relentless (yesterday was their first loss of 2024) and Ipswich have just been finding a way week after week. It was starting to feel like they weren't going to slip up much, if at all.

Highlights how important it is to keep winning and the amount of pressure that creates for the other teams.

tbf some leeds fans were saying that defeat has been coming as theyve been off it for a number of weeks, ipswich have too but both have got over the line;

certainly will be more twists and turns until the end of the season

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It will be interesting to see how Leeds react now that they've been beaten this year. Remember when Southampton went on a long unbeaten run then lost 3 out of 4. Here's hoping that the same fate befalls Leeds 🤞

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Not even if they smash teams & we don't ? 

I'm trying to look at it conservatively, or worst case scenario,  which l have highlighted. 

I hope you're right though.

Edited by STEVIE B

8 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

It will be interesting to see how Leeds react now that they've been beaten this year. Remember when Southampton went on a long unbeaten run then lost 3 out of 4. Here's hoping that the same fate befalls Leeds 🤞

They've got a couple of favourable home games next, unfortunately.