Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

If we secure the title

This is how I'd like league to finish

1. Leicester City

2. Ipswich Town

---------------------------------------------------------

3. Leeds United

4. Southampton

5. West Bromwich Albion

6. Coventry City (Promoted via play offs) -controversial only cause I want the M69 Derby in the premier league

Relegation

22. Millwall

23. Birmingham City

24. Rotherham United

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

They've got a couple of favourable home games next, unfortunately.

Expectation and pressure can produce weird outcomes!

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Would really put the pressure on them if they drop any points.

Leeds must be somewhat concerned, they've looked invincible for a while, yet with 5 games left they are 3rd, and technically at this moment in time it is out of their hands

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

If we secure the title

This is how I'd like league to finish

1. Leicester City

2. Ipswich Town

3. Leeds United

4. Southampton

5. West Bromwich Albion

6. Coventry City (Promoted via play offs) -controversial only cause I want the M69 Derby in the premier league

Relegation

22. Millwall

23. Birmingham City

24. Rotherham United

I do not want the Chavs anywhere near the EPL.

It’s bad enough that the best league in the world already has Palace, Sheff Utd, Forest, Burnley, B’mouth, Fulham, Brentford, Luton and Everton stinking the place out. 

• Thanks 1

Just thinking about our loss at Leeds. Even allowing for the defeats against QPR, Middlesboro and Bristol City (and subsequent epic post-match Foxestalk meltdowns), had we seen that 1-0 lead out after the 80 mins, we'd now be sat on 91 pts, and Leeds would have 83. All ifs and buts I know, but still, what a difference 10 mins can make to your season

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Just thinking about our loss at Leeds. Even allowing for the defeats against QPR, Middlesboro and Bristol City (and subsequent epic post-match Foxestalk meltdowns), had we seen that 1-0 lead out after the 80 mins, we'd now be sat on 91 pts, and Leeds would have 83. All ifs and buts I know, but still, what a difference 10 mins can make to your season

I think just avoiding defeat at Leeds and turning the defeats to QPR, Bristol and Boro into draws (which we probably deserved) we’d effectively had one foot in the EPL already. 

Both draws against Ipswich were just ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I think just avoiding defeat at Leeds and turning the defeats to QPR, Bristol and Boro into draws (which we probably deserved) we’d effectively had one foot in the EPL already. 

Both draws against Ipswich were just ridiculous. 

Now we've got one foot in the grave!...I don't believeeee it!

32 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

The two games that killed us are the Ipswich draws, turn just one of those into a win and we'd probably only need 3 wins from 6 to be promoted.

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The two games that killed us are the Ipswich draws, turn just one of those into a win and we'd probably only need 3 wins from 6 to be promoted.

Don't do it to yourself. Enjoy the table till our next game. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Millwall, Plymouth & West Brom next 3 all got something to play for so won’t be easy but that’s a pretty decent run of games for our situation. West Brom are stuttering a bit too. 

Ipswich have a very tough run in 

Or, alternately, all have everything to play for so might be nervous, or more focussed on not losing rather than actually trying to win (which tends to be good for us).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

It will be interesting to see how Leeds react now that they've been beaten this year. Remember when Southampton went on a long unbeaten run then lost 3 out of 4. Here's hoping that the same fate befalls Leeds 🤞

Leeds have now dropped points in 3 of their last 6 games I think. 

Can see Leeds winning most of there remaining. The goal difference concerns me a bit between us and them, it could come down to that. Would like us to win a few comfortably to extended ours. It’s basically another point. 

• Like 1

Having a nosy on the Ipswich forum, the big story doesn't seem to be about the promotion race or us, it's about an estimated 400 tickets being given away by the club to whoever they saw fit for their match away to Norwich, meaning some fans next on the priority list didnt get in. That's seems like a hell of a lot, shits all over the regular loyal fan that and they are rightly a bit peeved.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

So I reckon based on difficulty of fixtures and generic stats that Ipswich will finish on 96, Leeds on 98 and us 100+. Coventry will be king makers for us. We’ll win next two, as will Ipswich, but their back to back aways coming up will be troublesome. They’ll be punching upward more so than us and Leeds and I think it’ll be hard work coming down the stretch.

Big week ahead, foxes!

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Having a nosy on the Ipswich forum, the big story doesn't seem to be about the promotion race or us, it's about an estimated 400 tickets being given away by the club to whoever they saw fit for their match away to Norwich, meaning some fans next on the priority list didnt get in. That's seems like a hell of a lot, shits all over the regular loyal fan that and they are rightly a bit peeved.

Allocation was only 2022, so 20% were given to ticket office staff etc. They’re rightly fuming. 

Saw the police made a comment aswell about ‘1600 travelling fans’ as they knew 400 had been held back and given away. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

So I reckon based on difficulty of fixtures and generic stats that Ipswich will finish on 96, Leeds on 98 and us 100+. Coventry will be king makers for us. We’ll win next two, as will Ipswich, but their back to back aways coming up will be troublesome. They’ll be punching upward more so than us and Leeds and I think it’ll be hard work coming down the stretch.

Big week ahead, foxes!

Can tell you now we won't win both of the next two lol