Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

shows what a difference that last weekend made....

who-will-be-promoted-from-the-championship-1024x1024.thumb.png.899298d563d11eed1e522703de93251e.png

Yet people on here are still complaining about performances etc. makes you want to bang your head on the wall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Yet people on here are still complaining about performances etc. makes you want to bang your head on the wall. 

How come? I dont think I have ever been bothered about someone's opinion on the team to whack my head against the rule.  Its a game and people have opinions.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, casablancas said:

Didn't the supercomputer predict us to stay up a fair way into last season?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Torten said:

Did the supercomputer know who our manager was?

Seems the vast majority on Foxestalk are smarter than a supercomputer.

Who knew?

29 minutes ago, Torten said:

No, it calculated that we were more likely to stay up than not given our position at the time. The less likely thing happened.

Supercomputers don't deal in absolutes.

13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

No, it calculated that we were more likely to stay up than not given our position at the time. The less likely thing happened.

Supercomputers don't deal in absolutes.

Yeah I suppose that's the awkward thing with these predictions, it's impossible to assess their accuracy. 

So either: 
- Less likely thing happened (supercomputer calculated probability accurate)

- Our relegation was actually quite likely (supercomputer calculated probability inaccurate)

As the season is only played out once, it's all rather academic. That's why I take these kind of predictions with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Leeds fans trying to justify it by saying Southampton didnt agree to reciprocal pricing so its their own fault 😂

To be fair reading the top comment from "Leeds, That" then fair enough.

Charging the going rate that home supporters pay in the stand. Leeds offered £27 tickets for both fixtures but Southampton wanted to charge more.

I think everyone is in agreement that it's too much and their price for home fans is too much. The club are hardly gonna make it cheaper for away fans than it is for their own fans though.

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

To be fair reading the top comment from "Leeds, That" then fair enough.

Charging the going rate that home supporters pay in the stand. Leeds offered £27 tickets for both fixtures but Southampton wanted to charge more.

I think everyone is in agreement that it's too much and their price for home fans is too much. The club are hardly gonna make it cheaper for away fans than it is for their own fans though.

So Leeds were apparently happy to charge £27 then when Southampton wanted £3 more, Leeds then decided they actually wanted to charge £20 more? Sounds like Leeds are just being greedy and no matter how loyal you to your own club their fans should be calling them out for stuff like this.

Edited by lcfc278

4 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

So Leeds were apparently happy to charge £27 then when Southampton wanted £3 more, Leeds then decided they actually wanted to charge £20 more? Sounds like Leeds are just being greedy and no matter how loyal you to your own club their fans should be calling them out for stuff like this.

So what do you realistically think should they charge Southampton fans when their fans pay £47 to sit in that stand?

Again - everyone is in agreement that £47 is far too much - but nobody seems to mind that the Leeds fans have to pay it lol

Leeds announced pre season that Cat B will be 45 and Cat A will be 47 unless a reciprocal deal is agreed. It's 100% on Southampton. They probably made themselves an extra £9k which probably covers A day of Adam Armstrongs wages. and their fans will be paying the price.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So what do you realistically think should they charge Southampton fans when their fans pay £47 to sit in that stand?

Again - everyone is in agreement that £47 is far too much - but nobody seems to mind that the Leeds fans have to pay it lol

Leeds announced pre season that Cat B will be 45 and Cat A will be 47 unless a reciprocal deal is agreed. It's 100% on Southampton. They probably made themselves an extra £9k which probably covers A day of Adam Armstrongs wages. and their fans will be paying the price.

You posted that Leeds were initially willing to charge £27 for those same seats so it's them that have then decided to go all the way back up to £47.

I'm sure there's seats in our ground close to the away section that will most likely cost our fans more than away fans a few rows away - I'm guessing, I don't know what we charge away fans at our ground.

Would be interesting to know if Southampton's £30 was in line with their own fans in the same stand/area.

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

You posted that Leeds were initially willing to charge £27 for those same seats so it's them that have then decided to go all the way back up to £47.

I'm sure there's seats in our ground close to the away section that will most likely cost our fans more than away fans a few rows away - I'm guessing, I don't know what we charge away fans at our ground.

Would be interesting to know if Southampton's £30 was in line with their own fans in the same stand/area.

Yeah they charge their home fans who sit in the same stand £30.

There's 2 seperate issues for me with both clubs being at fault for different reasons

1) £47 is an insane amount to charge fans for any football - nevermind 2nd tier

2) Southampton were well aware that tickets would cost their fans £47 if they didn't agree to come up with a reciprocal offer. They were aware of the burden it would put on their fans, but decided not to take up the offer, so they could pocket an extra couple of grand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah they charge their home fans who sit in the same stand £30.

There's 2 seperate issues for me with both clubs being at fault for different reasons

1) £47 is an insane amount to charge fans for any football - nevermind 2nd tier

2) Southampton were well aware that tickets would cost their fans £47 if they didn't agree to come up with a reciprocal offer. They were aware of the burden it would put on their fans, but decided not to take up the offer, so they could pocket an extra couple of grand.

I do hope their (Southampton's) fans do boycott this game as £47 for an away ticket in the Championship is mad. It looks like Southampton are pretty much nailed on for 4th now anyway so they'll most likely want to go to the PO games or Wembley if they get there.

• Like 1

The worst thing, and most telling thing, about the £47 Leeds tickets silliness is that instead of an attitude of "yeah fair these prices are insane, our club need to change this" from Leeds fans, they immediately engage in whataboutery of reciprocal pricing and the plethora of other arsehole arguments they use to defend their club for the prices.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

The worst thing, and most telling thing, about the £47 Leeds tickets silliness is that instead of an attitude of "yeah fair these prices are insane, our club need to change this" from Leeds fans, they immediately engage in whataboutery of reciprocal pricing and the plethora of other arsehole arguments they use to defend their club for the prices.

Tribalism of football unfortunately. They would be screaming blue murder if the boot was on the other foot but, rather than join up the dots and realise that football fans are being shafted all over the country by greedy clubs and owners, they double down on the Owners FC rhetoric and allow fans everywhere to be ripped off. A horrible part of our football culture.