Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Leeds fans trying to justify it by saying Southampton didnt agree to reciprocal pricing so its their own fault 😂

This will get even more interesting if they end up in a two legged play off lol 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

This will get even more interesting if they end up in a two legged play off lol 

if i was Southampton i would charge Leeds fans £1000 a ticket if they end up playing each other in the playoffs lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Number 6 said:

No, it calculated that we were more likely to stay up than not given our position at the time. The less likely thing happened.

Supercomputers don't deal in absolutes.

When we got relegated the super computer blew up, as it really couldn't compute, how it happened, during an enquiry it was found that the computer was being fed with the following lines, each week "it will be fine" on the final run in... the person feeding the computer has been traced to a Mr J Rudkin, and a Mr B Rodgers of no fixed abode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Birmingham plan to build a 60,000 stadium. I understand its the second city, but where they going to find 60,000 fans from when they struggle to attract 20,000.

Build it and they will come

Just now, Salisbury Fox said:

Build it and they will come

Be easy to build a 32,000 stadium, then perhaps look up to 40,000 in say six years after its built and if their in the premier league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Birmingham plan to build a 60,000 stadium. I understand its the second city, but where they going to find 60,000 fans from when they struggle to attract 20,000.

Where did you read it will be 60,000?

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Birmingham certainly aiming big and looking at the long term future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68768084

I've always seen Birmingham as a massively underachieving club. The second biggest club in the second biggest city of a country with the richest and most watched league system in the world really ought to have more than two League Cups in their trophy cabinet, especially given the examples of cities like Manchester and Liverpool where they have two genuinely enormous clubs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Midlands Today just mentioned it.

I can't believe thats correct theres no way they would build one that large.  i could see a 40,000 with the option for expansion.

21 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I've always seen Birmingham as a massively underachieving club. The second biggest club in the second biggest city of a country with the richest and most watched league system in the world really ought to have more than two League Cups in their trophy cabinet, especially given the examples of cities like Manchester and Liverpool where they have two genuinely enormous clubs.

They have a really small fanbase.

Even within the city you’ll struggle to find a blues fans in Erdington, Sutton, most of north Brum etc

Outside of East Brum/ Solihull and bits of the south they don’t really have any presence anywhere

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They have a really small fanbase.

Even within the city you’ll struggle to find a blues fans in Erdington, Sutton, most of north Brum etc

Outside of East Brum/ Solihull and bits of the south they don’t really have any presence anywhere

Probably partly due to the fact that they have been very much the second club in Birmingham for almost their entire existence. I suspect the owners are looking into potential.

The low key results to look out for aren't going our way so far this season.

Norwich winning and Coventry losing currently. Couple that with West Brom most likely winning could push Coventry, Hull and Boro out of the realistic play out picture before they play Ipswich (all 3) and Leeds (Boro).

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The low key results to look out for aren't going our way so far this season.

Norwich winning and Coventry losing currently. Couple that with West Brom most likely winning could push Coventry, Hull and Boro out of the realistic play out picture before they play Ipswich (all 3) and Leeds (Boro).

cov 2 down now, , that missed pen they had looking like it will cost them, i still think it will be tight for the last play off spot

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Leeds even worse than us by the sounds of it!

theyve not be good performance wise for a good number of weeks tbf

still think the play off race will go the distance, the relegation one looks like it will too

so close down there 

• Like 1