Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It’s destined to be us V Cov over two legs in the play offs isn’t it? I’d put money on that happening now. 

Nah, we go up automatically and they miss out on the playoffs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bilo said:

They're in atrocious form, if that helps

Absolute banker of a home win. Can't believe the bookies offering 5-1 on this! Absolute steal! Still 3-1 on us not yo be promoted. 

28 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Imagine if you will...

Its 6pm on May 4th... Leicester has been promoted as Champions... the club announce there will be a celebratory open top bus tour of the city with players and support staff on baord...ending at Viccy Park.

Are you going along?

No, I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The mathematical odds on Cov v Leicester playoffs are low. For Cov to do it means directly helping us. 

Yeah, thank fvck. For them to get 6th they need to beat Ipswich which means we SURELY limp over the line to at least 2nd.

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, thank fvck. For them to get 6th they need to beat Ipswich which means we SURELY limp over the line to at least 2nd.

Nah, I'm sure there are alternative ways we can fukc it up and cov make the play offs. 

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Nah, I'm sure there are alternative ways we can fukc it up and cov make the play offs. 

Coventry could easily win all their games barring the Ipswich one, hope Norwich lose enough to get to 6th, and then we don't win enough. 

It's not like it's only Coventry vs Ipswich as the only fixture left. 

The Leeds result last night was very helpful. Thought they'd win all their home games to be honest but they've also been a bit rocky over the last month now. 

I think from this position we probably limp over the line. Whether that is first or second will depend on what the others do.

5 game form pretty interesting. Leeds and Leicester seem to be bottling in equal measure with 1 point in it.

Ipswich interesting tonight. Watford seem to be grinding draws out.

image.png.6d07e3b06660174c4b48466c62aaeadf.png

Edited by Chelmofox

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Imagine if you will...

Its 6pm on May 4th... Leicester has been promoted as Champions... the club announce there will be a celebratory open top bus tour of the city with players and support staff on baord...ending at Viccy Park.

Are you going along?

Yes. That's IF we win

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

One more loss and we don’t deserve any promotion. 

To lose more than 20% of league fixtures this season would be shambolic. 

Ridiculous comment - three more points and we hit 91, no team in the history of the league has hit 91 points and not gone up automatically. Whatever doom and gloom we want to put out there after a few bad results, we 100% deserve to go up and in any other season we would already have been promoted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

5 game form pretty interesting. Leeds and Leicester seem to be bottling in equal measure with 1 point in it.

Ipswich interesting tonight. Watford seem to be grinding draws out.

image.png.6d07e3b06660174c4b48466c62aaeadf.png

Middlesbrough to play Ipswich and Leeds is an interesting one based on their form…..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ridiculous comment - three more points and we hit 91, no team in the history of the league has hit 91 points and not gone up automatically. Whatever doom and gloom we want to put out there after a few bad results, we 100% deserve to go up and in any other season we would already have been promoted. 

I should certainly not allow myself on FoxesTalk following another 0/10 performance while being off work😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I should certainly not allow myself on FoxesTalk following another 0/10 performance while being off work😂

😂 you’re probably a few hours behind me, I got up at 4:30 to watch that shower of shit this morning. But it does mean I’ve had all day to process it. On to Plymouth and hopefully back up and running… Keep the Faith

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Sunderland - Post Match Discussion - Marching On Together (motforum.com)

Interesting reading - looks like we've both got managers so petrified of losing that they're forgetting to try and win games :D

See if McKenna falls foul of the same issues or whether they will continue to attack teams and win on their terms. 

I was actually thinking the opposite about enzo. He’s so focused on winning that we’re leaving the back door wide open.

Yes you’ve got to try and win and yea often the goals are against the run of play but the theme on most of them is that we’ve left glaring holes for the opposition to attack in. 

Back when we had pearson as an example when we weren’t at it, which happens, we rarely lost games we shouldn’t. Because he made sure we always made sensible decisions at the back first.  Yes it was a wonder strike but we were isolated to begin with and that invited him into that area… we also could have conceded on 3/4 other occasions. we lost that game rather than them winning it. They wouldnt have won if we’d focused on stopping them 🤷‍♂️

If we kept solid I really don’t think our attacks would be much weaker. we can do without faes trying to add to attacks, it just becomes negligent 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

So you expected to not lose 20% (or more) of our fixtures this season? Despite the utter horror show and it’s implications from last season?

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Sunderland - Post Match Discussion - Marching On Together (motforum.com)

Interesting reading - looks like we've both got managers so petrified of losing that they're forgetting to try and win games :D

See if McKenna falls foul of the same issues or whether they will continue to attack teams and win on their terms. 

I watched and read some Leeds fans reactions last night and their comments are exactly the same as ours regarding Farke. At some point I thought I was accidentally browsing our forum. I'd say they're spot on on their criticism. 

5 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Not necessarily, considering other teams have also dropped enough points to not be better than us.

So if anything, it just emphasises a) how well we did in the first half of the season and b) how badly other teams are doing/have done. 

It's shambolic by our own standards, but I wouldn't say we don't deserve promotion because of it. 

• Like 1