Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That's a seriously low fee 

Absolute bargain for Sheffield United. Not sure he'll be enough, but could make it a lot more interesting.

Any three from six could drop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really intrigued how they do. They looked a decent attacking force without him.

Really? I thought they looked absolutely toothless when Robins took him off. That may have been because we'd switched things up with Nacho and Praet, but they barely looked like scoring after he was benched.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really intrigued how they do. They looked a decent attacking force without him.

25 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Really? I thought they looked absolutely toothless when Robins took him off. That may have been because we'd switched things up with Nacho and Praet, but they barely looked like scoring after he was benched.

I think Haji Wright will do well because of how quick he is. I just think he'll be starved of service most of the time. 

With both Hamer & Gyokeres both gone, I think they'll struggle for playoffs. 

34 minutes ago, Bilo said:

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think Haji Wright will do well because of how quick he is. I just think he'll be starved of service most of the time. 

With both Hamer & Gyokeres both gone, I think they'll struggle for playoffs. 

I think if they make anywhere near the chances against other clubs, they'll be fine. I can still see them getting play offs. 

18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

It won’t be enough. 

I don't think so either.

Of the six who could most likely drop (Sheffield United, Forest, Bournemouth, Wolves, Luton and Everton,) I would say they're the banker.

25 minutes ago, martyn said:

You'd think Coventry will have their replacements identified for Hamer given he was pretty much certain to leave this summer.

They got Simms and Wright in for half a Gyokeres.

Yeah, I’m certainly not against selling a big player. If you utilise the money well then it’s far better to sell one lad and build the wider squad out.

38 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I don't think so either.

Of the six who could most likely drop (Sheffield United, Forest, Bournemouth, Wolves, Luton and Everton,) I would say they're the banker.

Agreed. I think Luton will pick up points at home but get beat at a lot of players ala Forest last season. Same with Forest again, if they can replicate their home form they will be fine.

Burnley to be in there as well. Fulham may drop off but not be as bad as those you've listed.

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

Absolute bargain for Sheffield United. Not sure he'll be enough, but could make it a lot more interesting.

If they can replace Ndiaye with a goal scorer they’ll have upgraded on the squad that took them up. 

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed. I think Luton will pick up points at home but get beat at a lot of players ala Forest last season. Same with Forest again, if they can replicate their home form they will be fine.

Burnley to be in there as well. Fulham may drop off but not be as bad as those you've listed.

I think Burnley will be fine. They’ve signed well and play great football. 

Brighton might drop off as well, but nowhere near enough to get sucked in - much like Fulham. 

4 hours ago, Bilo said:

Rather he goes there than having ended up at Southampton or Leeds if he wasn’t going to come to us anyway. Better to have him out of the league!

I do think such is how poor the majority of the premier league is though 6 is quite generous. There’s more sides there that should be in trouble and a lot of poor sides will be saved by there being more dross.

I dare say had we stayed up and made some sensible decisions (yes easier said than done), we’d have been quite comfortable this year.

17 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Rather he goes there than having ended up at Southampton or Leeds if he wasn’t going to come to us anyway. Better to have him out of the league!

I do think such is how poor the majority of the premier league is though 6 is quite generous. There’s more sides there that should be in trouble and a lot of poor sides will be saved by there being more dross.

I dare say had we stayed up and made some sensible decisions (yes easier said than done), we’d have been quite comfortable this year.

It does, however, bode well for us if we bounce straight back.

We're better than several of those teams on paper now, let alone after a transfer window once promoted.

Theoretically, is it possible to say 'No, thank you, but no' to automatic promotion?

Are clubs compelled to accept promotion? I'm assuming clubs have to apply to become members of the PL.

I fully understand the whole 'who would be mad enough to turn down that revenue' thing.

Guest Kopfkino
20 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It does, however, bode well for us if we bounce straight back.

We're better than several of those teams on paper now, let alone after a transfer window once promoted.

Are we going to be in that good a shape when we go up? Strikes me if we go up then we’re gonna be like Villa/Forest we’re and have to get a lot of bodies in given that we’ll have so many out of contract and looks like we’ll have a good chunk of loans too.