Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

People haven't looked at other Championship seasons. Something i've been banging on about most of the year (why dont people ever listen to me :blink:).  Teams get promoted yet still drop a lot of points.  Last season Sheff Utd lost 11 and Burnley drew 14. 

Doesn't make our level since January right, but there has been far to much 'our squad is elite' and 'Dave from accounts could get this bunch promoted'. All the HMS piss the league stuff totally skewed everyones thinking. Remember all the predictions that we would go the season unbeaten, then break the points record.

This is one of the most expensive squads thats played in the Championship, but it's nowhere near the best. Too many cast offs from the relegation season who are winding contracts down, a thin midfield and a dependency on a 37 year old striker. But still people comment that this is by far the best there is, even though they saw the absolute shambles they dished up last year.

Got to get this over the line, get rid of the deadwood and let the club work out how it wants to deal with the next problem.

Always makes me smile that some people can be so quick form opinions on some things, yet so slow to update their judgement on players.

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Watford are playing well to be fair. Although if Ipswich are to win, can they please get it wrapped up early. 

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Watford are playing well to be fair. Although if Ipswich are to win, can they please get it wrapped up early. 

Unlikely I feel.

No Dennis starting either .

Sorry !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A lot less pressure on them to get promoted then. Obviously have some competent people behind the scenes unlike us. 

They haven’t been playing in Europe and challenging for a Champions League spot, so their wage bill is going to be much less than ours. 

• Like 1

Just now, Viva said:

They haven’t been playing in Europe and challenging for a Champions League spot, so their wage bill is going to be much less than ours. 

Plus they got their medicine in recent memory and it was a heavy dose, would expect them to be especially careful.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you expected to not lose 20% (or more) of our fixtures this season? Despite the utter horror show and it’s implications from last season?

With this squad I think anymore than 9 losses is disappointing.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Not necessarily, considering other teams have also dropped enough points to not be better than us.

So if anything, it just emphasises a) how well we did in the first half of the season and b) how badly other teams are doing/have done. 

It's shambolic by our own standards, but I wouldn't say we don't deserve promotion because of it. 

Oh I know I’ve added hyperbole😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Muzzy_no7 said:

I obviously don’t rate the squad as highly as you, but too me the point about our lack of draws is an even greater concern, feels like a stronger mentality might have seen us claw back a few draws.

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I don't understand why you think the squad is anything special. We have some decent players in there, but depend on a few to be on it for us to perform. Midfield is weak, especially when you consider there is a formula to playing KDH and Ndidi has one foot out of the door. Little rotation in key positions, a 37 year old striker, 2 alternatives that fail and a new recruit thats always injured.

The squad is a mishmash of potential stars, yesterdays relegation failures, and overpaid hanger ons who can't wait to leave to get their next signing on fee. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I obviously don’t rate the squad as highly as you, but too me the point about our lack of draws is an even greater concern, feels like a stronger mentality might have seen us claw back a few draws.

1 all season, I can't count the other 3 as they threw away wins

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah 5-6 of them losses should’ve been draws. Clear mentality issues and total lack of plan B. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna watch the Ipswich game and hope Watford , well pray really, get a result to help us out as we fooking need it after last night's performance 

Edited by Trent Steel

Can someone tell me why the Ipswich ifollow live stream team have s random guitar in the studio?

I was expecting a tractor or s hay bail or a massive cow pat or maybe one of the presenters wearing a pair of king Charles ears

Edited by Trent Steel

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't understand why you think the squad is anything special. We have some decent players in there, but depend on a few to be on it for us to perform. Midfield is weak, especially when you consider there is a formula to playing KDH and Ndidi has one foot out of the door. Little rotation in key positions, a 37 year old striker, 2 alternatives that fail and a new recruit thats always injured.

The squad is a mishmash of potential stars, yesterdays relegation failures, and overpaid hanger ons who can't wait to leave to get their next signing on fee. 

Our back up CB’s Coady and Souttar would start for every single other team in this league. 

Vardy, Kelechi, Patson and Cannon for one spot. 

Dennis Praet is our back-up 8.

Yunus Akgun our rotation option for 8 and RW.

We casually swap Doyle and James Justin.

We didn’t need Daniel Iversen and had no place for Viktor Kristeansen. 

Mcateer, Albrighton and Nelson all used sparingly. 

There is no doubt in my mind that our squad, despite its faults, as well as our first 11 is the best this level has ever seen. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Brooksy said:

Not too fussed about tonight cos Leeds dropped points. Obviously it'd be a bonus but I think we'd all take 2nd at this point.

Agree 100%