Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Expect ipswich to win by a few tonight but no morsy will get away with not being booked 6 times again in a game. We got a bit of luck with Leeds drawing last night don’t think we will get much tonight 

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

People haven't looked at other Championship seasons. Something i've been banging on about most of the year (why dont people ever listen to me :blink:).  Teams get promoted yet still drop a lot of points.  Last season Sheff Utd lost 11 and Burnley drew 14. 

Doesn't make our level since January right, but there has been far to much 'our squad is elite' and 'Dave from accounts could get this bunch promoted'. All the HMS piss the league stuff totally skewed everyones thinking. Remember all the predictions that we would go the season unbeaten, then break the points record.

This is one of the most expensive squads thats played in the Championship, but it's nowhere near the best. Too many cast offs from the relegation season who are winding contracts down, a thin midfield and a dependency on a 37 year old striker. But still people comment that this is by far the best there is, even though they saw the absolute shambles they dished up last year.

Got to get this over the line, get rid of the deadwood and let the club work out how it wants to deal with the next problem.

Ye also people don’t understand that we have now played 41 games the squad is tired and don’t have the work rate and intensity .Even Leeds and Ipswich have been very lucky to win and they will probably drop points like us.

54 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Unlikely I feel.

No Dennis starting either .

Sorry !

If you win tonight we're going to find out your address and all come round and bum you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Boro are charging towards the play offs, hopefully they can get a result against Leeds in a couple of weeks. 

Yep, bodes well for us at the moment in that they have something to play for. 

Ipswich are just relentless.

Hunting in packs, remember when we used to do that? 

Our last 3 managers have banged on about control, i've never felt so in control as when we used to hunt in packs with and without the ball, meanwhile under than last 3 managers we're playing on the edge of our own 18 yard box I don't feel we're in control at all, constantly waiting for the inevitable **** up.

Yes I appreciate its 0-0 at half time and for all we know it might finish that way, hopefully for our sakes it does but I know who poses more threat and who is more exciting between us and them.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ipswich are just relentless.

Hunting in packs, remember when we used to do that? 

Our last 3 managers have banged on about control, i've never felt so in control as when we used to hunt in packs with and without the ball, meanwhile under than last 3 managers we're playing on the edge of our own 18 yard box I don't feel we're in control at all, constantly waiting for the inevitable **** up.

Yes I appreciate its 0-0 at half time and for all we know it might finishes that way, hopefully for our sakes it does but I know who poses more threat between us and them.

bUt tHeY oNlY wIN BeCoS oF lUcKY dEfLeCtIOnZ

• Haha 1

Watford were brilliant against Leeds a couple of weeks back…fancy them to do a job in the second half.

Problem is we are shite so this result means nothing in the grand scheme lol

• Like 1

Just now, weller54 said:

It's pathetic that we are having to sweat on other teams results! 

What a train wreck of a season.

You know how competitive sport works, right? It’s not at all like wrestling….   :D