Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

West Brom just got a penalty for the ball hitting a players head outside the box lol

I rubbed my eyes, comedy style after seeing that.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

I rubbed my eyes, comedy style after seeing that.

Unbelievable refereeing. Linesman should be seeing that it's outside the box if he doesn't see the handball. Rubbish. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Our back up CB’s Coady and Souttar would start for every single other team in this league. 

Coady yes (but Jannick is the better player) - Souttar is Championship quality, so nothing to shout home about.

Vardy, Kelechi, Patson and Cannon for one spot. 

Vardy way past his best (good in moments but cant be relied upon). Kels has been a failure for 2 years, Daka a failure full stop and Cannon's legacy is a few goals for Preston but held back with Injury issues. These 4 are not a success for us.

Dennis Praet is our back-up 8.

Terrible, terrible signing for us. Achieved nothing at any level and massive physicality issues. Only claim to fame is some sort of love interest with Torino. Guy cannot wait to leave this club.

Yunus Akgun our rotation option for 8 and RW.

Unproven at any level, and don't see him making any impact at many of the top half Championship teams. 

We casually swap Doyle and James Justin.

JJ very inconsistent (but can be good). Doyle (a kid who's highest level before us was Cov) can't defend, although in spells is a good passer.  Teams target Doyle for a reason. I would if I was the opposition manager.

We didn’t need Daniel Iversen and had no place for Viktor Kristeansen.

Because our silly club didn't know how to offload Goalkeepers. VK was hardly top drawer for us last year, especially after a fine bullying session from our resident knobheads.

Mcateer, Albrighton and Nelson all used sparingly.

Mcateer started well, but started to look hopeless. Can't see him getting in many 1st teams at this level. Albrighton's legs have gone and couldn't make it into the WBA team last year. Nelson a fine prospect but not at the right level yet to be considered as part of the greatest squad at this level. 

There is no doubt in my mind that our squad, despite its faults, as well as our first 11 is the best this level has ever seen. 

Absolutely not.  Our first choice 11 is good (if a little raw in places), but rotation options are hopeless. 

Names you didn't mention:

Hermansen is the best keeper in the division (inho).

Vesty great baller - but slow as a tractor. Feas is a bomb scare but has been decent most season.

Ricardo is the best player in the division. By quite a long way.

Winks is great but not a progressive player.

Ndidi had been hopeless for 2 seasons, had a half season renaissance but is now clearly in the exit lounge winding that contract down.

KDH - fab when on it, but hopelessly one footed and easy to contain is you flood the midfield. Not good enough technically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Watford were brilliant against Leeds a couple of weeks back…fancy them to do a job in the second half.

Problem is we are shite so this result means nothing in the grand scheme lol

We might be less shite for the next couple of games - that’s what happened after the Bristol debacle. Against Norwich and Birmingham they put in more of a shift and got the results before the old complacency set in again against Millwall and we went back to square one. If the team is sufficiently shocked by last night’s horror show to turn up for the next game or two, any dropped points by Leeds and Ipswich could make a big difference. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

West Brom just got a penalty for the ball hitting a players head outside the box lol

Leicester City v Liverpool - Irish Mirror Online

Atleast this was inside the box I guess.

Edited by Matt

8 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Even if the big eared boys on farms do go up Kieffer Moore is no way near PL quality 

He won’t be their first choice. It’ll either be Hirst or they’ll sign someone. They’re worth £14 billion so won’t be short of cash. 

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

And?...

FFP wouldn't allow them to spend a fraction of it!

This was in response to a post about Keiffer Moore. I think they can afford to buy a better striker than him.