Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

Does no-one want to win this league? 

Nobody even wants to go up, Southampton could get back into at this rate.

We are absurdly lucky, but this enormous letoff counts for nothing if we phone it in again on Friday. I'm not looking forward to next season whatever happens. Definitely one to be endured rather than enjoyed. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Blackburn absolutely battered tonight. Surely Leeds don’t slip up on Saturday. 

Boro could give Ipswich a game though. 

Sunderland lost at home to Blackburn 5-1 the game before they drew at Leeds 0-0 yesterday.... its hard to tell at this stage of the season!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I would suggest that the midweek results were slightly favourable for us, pre match implied chances of winning were:

Leeds 75%

Ipswich 67%

Leicester 58%

Both our rivals failed to win at home to mid table teams, solitary points don't really get the job done when your heavy favourites.

Yesterday we needed 5 wins to guarantee promotion, tonight we now need four. It's another game ticked off and we're still top of the league with a game in hand. Also remember we just need to avoid finishing bottom of this three team mini league, we're still very much in the box seat and have room for error.

This is a promising read

Only downside is that we’ve been shite for the best part of 3 months now.

Appreciate the post though

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

For anyone just joining. Ipswich are in the 38th minute of extra time, with the referee waiting for them to score before blowing the final whistle

It's ok I am sure the ball will ricochet off 2 or 3 players eventually and go in . . . 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Have you not leant about this sort of posting. 

Being too positive?

We had a bad midweek but so did both our rivals, guarantee we all think we've blown it this week and only one of the three will be right come season end.

It's pointless looking back and what might have been, we have 3pts from our last two games, Leeds and Ipswich have 1pt each from their last two games. We don't have to be world beaters just better than one of them two. We dust ourselves down and go again on Friday and I'm quietly confident we win and put pressure on the pair of them at the weekend,

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

We are absurdly lucky, but this enormous letoff counts for nothing if we phone it in again on Friday. I'm not looking forward to next season whatever happens. Definitely one to be endured rather than enjoyed. 

The only saving grace is is, expectation will be very low next season if we go up. We all know how we won’t be able to spend and will lose players. So anything other than relegation will be huge. 

• Like 1

Leeds players are fvcking cowards. Ipswich are fvcking shit. Shit. Managers need sacking. They’re so lucky Leicester let them off. Leicester will win every game now.

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

Not sure we are anymore lucky that teams have failed to win as we are unlucky when Ipswich and Leeds score late goals. It's a long season for all teams and at this stage it's more about finding ways to win, or at worst not losing. Whilst losing at Millwall was a really poor result, Leeds and Ipswich dropping points at home to teams with nothing to play for was more of a surprise.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

In the wake of the slightly OTT number of negative threads, and the slightly OTT number of slightly emotional posts,  I've been trying to find one way to express how it all looks to me, without annoying a large number of people or getting 4 days in the slammer. 

It's not worth getting involved with all the analysis of Enzo/the team/the way they're playing, nor am I here to attack or defend any of it - what I would say is that 3 teams went out hard in a figurative 800m race (change the distance if you prefer) and they're all tying up down the home straight. So although last night was damn difficult to witness, and we can all point fingers and justify our anger, I think the pressure at the top plus the energy expended thus far means everyone is on their arse, not just our boys. 

100% this. 

Crazy that Southampton have lost fewer games than us and West Brom only 1 more. If that was a sign we chase games and lose at the death I'd be fine with that but sadly that's not the case