Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

50 minutes ago, teblin said:

To be fair to him Against Boro, Bristol and Leeds we should've had at least 3 goals in each. But some games like Tuesday we could play for 3 weeks and not score.

Yeah the chances have been created in general but the composure has been way off. I think the manager has opportunities to effect that when they see it occurring but to date we've not really seen him tackle this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Yet 10 games paints a whole different picture 

IMG_3615.thumb.jpeg.de4fcb000f106ac63d63676379f1475f.jpeg

So what you are saying is, Leeds and Ipswich's form has dropped off a cliff in the last 6 games! 😄 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

So what you are saying is, Leeds and Ipswich's form has dropped off a cliff in the last 6 games! 😄 

Everyones form has gone to pot. None of it makes sense anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

No. This won’t put them in breach of PSR, so unlike us they’re not facing a points deduction. 

They will be next season if they don't sell 170 million worth of players

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Might be the worst decision I've ever seen. He's standing at least a yard outside and he moves forward to block it. What is the assistant doing as well to not spot that

they probably had a few quid on a west brom penalty :D

48 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They will be next season if they don't sell 170 million worth of players

The £170m is just cash flow, they've around £50m surplus to play with on PSR by all accounts. They definitely need to shift some players though.

7 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not saying you won’t be right necessarily about the outcome but West Brom and Southampton are at home. Only Plymouth and Preston left away.

Yes, aware Baggies and Saints are home fixtures. Not convinced we'll get much from those 2 games.

That penalty decision is honking but the ignorance by those suggesting refs should be suspended (or even fired for the really bad mistakes) is alarming. Whether you rate them or not, the best refs officiate at the highest level. Depending on where the bar is set for mistakes resulting in suspensions, you'd have games in League 1/2 being postponed every week because there's no ref. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf youve been saying that for most of our fixtures :ph34r:

Tbh judging from the state of our fans over the last year or so I'm surprised I've not seen anybody claiming our play off spot is at stake 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Brighton apparently looking to poach Russell Martin of Southampton this summer, as they expect De Zerbi to get snapped up.

Apparently talks took place during the last international break—not ideal for Southampton going into their run in!

How does he do it? This bloke has some sort of hex over people.

On 11/04/2024 at 09:44, CloudFox said:

Brighton apparently looking to poach Russell Martin of Southampton this summer, as they expect De Zerbi to get snapped up.

Apparently talks took place during the last international break—not ideal for Southampton going into their run in!

Surely this is bollocks? Bloke is bang average. 

• Like 2

I’ve said multiple times that I highly rate the work of Danny Röhl at Sheffield Wednesday, if you thought we were poorly run you really need to see what’s going on there. Owner took ownership of the stadium to try to make the club compliant on finances, ended up with point deductions and relegation, goes through managers like Watford, and has basically refused to invest in anything into the club, he asked the fans in I think January time to pay the clubs tax bill or shut up. 

And Chansiri has just released next seasons ticket prices for potentially league 1 football. 

For Danny to come in and have this League 1 squad on the verge of survival having taken over with them about 10 points adrift or whatever it was is a phenomenal job.

image.thumb.png.1d2aaf22630d8dbb32eb904e697c5a6d.png

• Like 1

I don't actually think the job he's done at Southampton is *terrible* but I think he just seems quite fragile. Compared to Maresca, McKenna, Farke – he just doesn't seem to have handled the pressure that's come with him at a club expecting a bit more than he's been used to, outwardly at least. 

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’ve said multiple times that I highly rate the work of Danny Röhl at Sheffield Wednesday, if you thought we were poorly run you really need to see what’s going on there. Owner took ownership of the stadium to try to make the club compliant on finances, ended up with point deductions and relegation, goes through managers like Watford, and has basically refused to invest in anything into the club, he asked the fans in I think January time to pay the clubs tax bill or shut up. 

And Chansiri has just released next seasons ticket prices for potentially league 1 football. 

For Danny to come in and have this League 1 squad on the verge of survival having taken over with them about 10 points adrift or whatever it was is a phenomenal job.

These were released months back, no? This is just a different phase.

11 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’d reserve judgement on that 

On 11/04/2024 at 15:01, Ric Flair said:

The £170m is just cash flow, they've around £50m surplus to play with on PSR by all accounts. They definitely need to shift some players though.

I assume that cashflow will catch up with them at some point though. Clubs seem to use amortisation to kick the can down the road on transfers but at some point the books have to balance.

Great story for all those thinking Leeds are well run https://talksport.com/football/1825167/leeds-jean-kevin-augustin-most-expensive-player-per-appearance/

Thats another £18m added to this years loss column for a player they never ended up signing.

They offered him £93k per week for a player that had scored 14 senior goals prior to joining them.

Edited by kenny
  • Like 1

tbf i tried giving the benefit of the doubt to the manager and the players but atm after this Plymouth game, im finding it so so so hard too, 

the drop off in every single aspect of our game is frankly not good enough, build up play is slow and give

Ipswich play Middlesborough tomorrow - That's deffo a defeat for Ipswich tomorrow.

Leeds play Blackburn tomorrow - That's deffo a defeat for Leeds tomorrow.

The pressure is on both Ipswich and Leeds tomorrow to win their games. They will crumble as recent games have shown.

• Haha 1