Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Well you are assuming comfy wins, Coventry wasn’t comfy.

plus you don’t play Man City every week. 

careful what you wish for.

I was going to say.

The comfiest win in my lifetime was on a Friday night away in the Premier League. That was quite enjoyable.

• Like 1

Early Championship kick off Coventry v Middlesbrough hoping for a draw.

As I see both teams later down the line challenging us for the playoffs at a minimum.

Today’s the day we cement ourselves in that top two and hopefully stay there come the end of the season. 

48 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Southampton looked very good against Wednesday. I think we may get a better understanding of how good they are today against a good side. We passed our early banana skin home game against decent opposition, let’s hope they slip on there’s.

However good they look they will be losing some of their better players before the end of the window and might not find it easy to recruit decent replacements 🤞

24 minutes ago, Roosters boots said:

Anyone know why Watford have had 2 homes games to start ? Sorry if already been posted.

Just guessing..... but could be something to do with Luton having to fit 2 games at home in later in the season?.......guessing was wrong! See below!

Edited by PAULCFC

8 minutes ago, Roosters boots said:

Anyone know why Watford have had 2 homes games to start ? Sorry if already been posted.

QPR's pitch wasn't ready for last week, was originally meant to be played at Loftus Road. Their League Cup game was moved as well.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Cov look a very capable side tbf. Boro average at best

Im watching the Cov game and I’m surprised by how crap championship football is.. not just the terrible play but the amount of unforced errors and the decision making. Yes I’m sure we are ‘ prem spoilt’ but if Cov are one of the capable teams, I’d hate to see how one of the truly terrible teams play. Cov no.5 Marshalls the defense well it has to be said…

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Boro won’t get anywhere near to where they were last season unless they make some big signings 

Yeah, they didn't end last season well and seems a hangover so far.

Cov win is good for us I think, already played them once, they have lost their best player comfortably so probably won’t dominate all season, taking points hopefully off Middlesbrough who were supposed to up there. Hard to tell who would be good this year but nice to see some inconsistent starts from teams supposed to be there or their abouts.