Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

Just wondering if Daniel Fark is a rubbish manager too?

If he doesn’t get Leeds up with that squad yes, just the same as our stubborn git.

We need to beat West Brom really just to keep Southampton at a proper distance . Maybe we can ask West Brom to rest their first team so they are ready for the play offs don’t want them get any injuries 😂

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Of course Leeds lost, because it would make our most recent results even more painful. 

Are we really sure Leeds want to go up? I posted yesterday about this. We don't know what's going behind the scenes with the points deductions. Going up and starting at -10 or -12 will be disastrous for any team. I don't trust any ownership in modern football. Some results are very strange and Enzo's responses to the media are bizarre. It seems Farke suddenly gives the same answers as Enzo to journalists. 

I

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

Are we really sure Leeds want to go up? I posted yesterday about this. We don't know what's going behind the scenes with the points deductions. Going up and starting at -10 or -12 will be disastrous for any team. I don't trust any ownership in modern football. Some results are very strange and Enzo's responses to the media are bizarre. It seems Farke suddenly gives the same answers as Enzo to journalists. 

I

They will get one in championship anyway next year and face league one 

so yes they do want to go up 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We just need Enzo to learn football between now and West Brom. 

To be honest, every team is struggling with this low block counter attack business. It's frustrating but I feel we will look better against a team thst try to have a go at us, WBA and saints will.  I wish managers would be less stubborn to a cause, its seems to be the modern way, Farke, Enzo, Martin will all be unstuck by their stubborn persistence. Sometimes you got to adapt. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

They will get one in championship anyway next year and face league one 

so yes they do want to go up 🤦‍♂️

It's not the same and you know it. You're comparing bananas to apples. 

All I'm saying is that a sudden strange pattern of results is happening which in general isn't the reflection of 85% of the season. On top of that we have some rather weird behaviour of certain managers who suddenly field the same XI every 3 days. Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist. 

Edited by Fear Of The Fox

29 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

totally agree, there is alot of talent in the lower league, and we need to tap into that pool again imo

We may actually have to return our old model of recruitment whether we like it or not if we get promoted due to financial constraints, and that's no bad thing. No more exorbitant fees on players from big French, German and Italian clubs. It could be a good thing. 

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

But we didn't and we should celebrate this as another lifeline grabbed rather than moan about what's gone on. 

We needed 5 wins to guarantee promotion before Millwall and now we need 3 wins.

It's a "what if" situation. Going back to change results in your favour, biased I know but can't be too hard to grasp why it's frustrating lol

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

We may actually have to return our old model of recruitment whether we like it or not if we get promoted due to financial constraints, and that's no bad thing. No more exorbitant fees on players from big French, German and Italian clubs. It could be a good thing. 

personally i like that model, least we get hungry players wanting to prove something, not these big time charlies thinking they can come here for a pay checl

• Like 2

Not sure if I'm happy that Leeds messed up or frustrated that a half decent last 10 and we'd be already up.

6 defeats in 10 for us.  If we had 3 more wins in that 10 it would've put us on 97 points and we'd be promoted.

18 minutes ago, Ian S said:

If he doesn’t get Leeds up with that squad yes, just the same as our stubborn git.

but that’s the thing. IF . Yet people have already decided Maresca is rubbish yet someone else’s managers gets an ‘IF’.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

personally i like that model, least we get hungry players wanting to prove something, not these big time charlies thinking they can come here for a pay checl

Absolutely. Our greatest ever team was built on players from Fleetwood Town, Le Havre and captained by a player Forest had to sell to balance the books. 

• Like 1