Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Cov look good, Middlesbrough looking absolutely rubbish though to follow up from a poor showing last week. Gotta be worrying for them after being tipped by so many.

Makes the win last week look a lot better - turns out that really WAS one of the better sides in this league.

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Cov look good, Middlesbrough looking absolutely rubbish though to follow up from a poor showing last week. Gotta be worrying for them after being tipped by so many.

Makes the win last week look a lot better - turns out that really WAS one of the better sides in this league.

i think middlesborough played well second half some somewhat fortunate touches in the 2nd and 3rd goals for Coventry so I wouldn’t write borough off yet.  Cov deserved to win of course..

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Agree. Reckon they'll go all season unbeaten.

I admit, last week I cheekily asked Bet365 if there were any odds for LCFC to remain unbeaten throughout the season; they said unfortunately no such odds were available.

Stranger things have happened etc..

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

I admit, last week I cheekily asked Bet365 if there were any odds for LCFC to remain unbeaten throughout the season; they said unfortunately no such odds were available.

Please delete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Great. Means we lose today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There'll never be an unbeaten team in the Championship. Too many games, too much player rotation. It's only happened twice in 135 years of the top flight in what is fast becoming one of the most uncompetitive leagues in Europe.

Of the teams who've gained 100 or more points, Burnley lost three last season, we lost six, Newcastle lost four, Sunderland lost three and record breaking Reading lost two. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Especially given how many tipsters have Boro down as one of the best teams in the league.

Keep it up and we win this league with a bit to spare on that evidence.