Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Once again the top 3 fail to win. All sides feeling the pressure. 

I should be happy, but it just makes me more annoyed we didn't take the chance to get closer to winning the title again. 6 pts against Millwall and Plymouth while Leeds and Ipswich falter would have taken a lot of pressure off against better sides to come... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Mister said:

I am confident we will win automatic promotion after today's results. Leeds and Ipswich are bottlers and should we slip up again, they will crumble under pressure and fail to take advantage.

Bet you couldnt type that with a straight face

Just now, StanSP said:

I should be happy, but it just makes me more annoyed we didn't take the chance to get closer to winning the title again. 6 pts against Millwall and Plymouth while Leeds and Ipswich falter would have taken a lot of pressure off against better sides to come... 

In fairness, those "better sides" are less likely to defend with 78 players in their own six yard box. Southampton in particular aren't exactly going to sit back and try to spoil. 

I'd much rather we play teams like that. 

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

So have the others then.

We're the one who threw away a double digit lead. So we are luckier in that it's still in our hands.

Perfect scenario now would be us just scraping first Southampton beating Leeds last game and beat the to second then ipswich and leeds both lose in the semi final of play offs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

I am confident we will win automatic promotion after today's results. Leeds and Ipswich are bottlers and should we slip up again, they will crumble under pressure and fail to take advantage.

I genuinely admire your optimism, but I also can’t believe you are genuinely a Leicester fan!

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Bet you couldnt type that with a straight face

Well, we ****ed up yesterday and Leeds and Ipswich failed to take advantage. They deffo will drop more points in the run in.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

We're the one who threw away a double digit lead. So we are luckier in that it's still in our hands.

And they are lucky we threw the lead away. 

• Like 3

Borough had 2 great opportunities to win that. Ipswich playing down the clock at the end and the fans leaving early.

Its not just us feeling it, but i can't help but feel that Ipswich aren't getting the luck they once had.

Enzo has a week with the team to get this sorted. WBA had a poor result themselves. 

Can't believe we are still bang in this. Crazy season where all the 'other' teams decided to turn up for the last 8 or so games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, those "better sides" are less likely to defend with 78 players in their own six yard box. Southampton in particular aren't exactly going to sit back and try to spoil. 

I'd much rather we play teams like that. 

Yep. I'm actually more optimistic about the next two games against WBA and Southampton than I am about the last two against Preston and Blackburn.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Win one of those and draw the other we are virtually home and hosed

Frustrating

• Like 1