Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Maybe I'm just too used to the Premier League but this already feels like an extremely competitive league this season. Boro were supposed to be favourites but lost to Milwall, who went and lost at home to Bristol City who never seem to win away. 

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

Maybe I'm just too used to the Premier League but this already feels like an extremely competitive league this season. Boro were supposed to be favourites but lost to Milwall, who went and lost at home to Bristol City who never seem to win away. 

I think it's always competitive. The key is to get into a rhythm and winning mentality. There's not a lot between any of the teams bar odd moments of quality or mistakes. If you can keep games tight, it can go either way as we've proved. After 10 games of so, some teams will be flying, others in rut. Quite a bit of it is luck early days, or maybe making luck.

I hope we add a bit more quality, we should then be too good for more teams. 

Competition wise this league is probably the best in the world. Obviously the quality is often ermmm...

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think it's always competitive. The key is to get into a rhythm and winning mentality. There's not a lot between any of the teams bar odd moments of quality or mistakes. If you can keep games tight, it can go either way as we've proved. After 10 games of so, dome teams will be flying, others in rut. 

Sure. Even though I watch the EFL very closely, I think I've totally forgotten what it's like to be in it. 

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

That's always been the brilliance of the Championship. I think statistically, it's the most competitive league in the world. Do you remember the absolute hell it was the last time we were here? Having the best squad in the division is irrelevant, it's a great test of mental strength. Not a surprise for me that our team that won the league had their wills forged in this division and the disappointment of Deeney Day.

It's great we are 2 wins out of 2, but it's not that hard to see in either game us losing both. Luckily we've got that quality to see us through.

I think our manager is a great pick for this division. With the amount of possession we have, we limit the other teams to the number of chances they will make. That will make us a consistent team. We need a lot of work upfront, but as today and the Coventry game showed, we've got players that can make things happen out of very little, a trait other teams in the division can only hope for.

• Like 3