Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

That Gnonto bloke at Leeds sounds like a right willy puller.  Absolutely gutted for Leeds and Saints that it’s all going tits up.  Just sad to see I mean, could you imagine either of them sinking down another division? Must be unlikely. Farke Cry 7, Sinking Like A Stone. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sparrowhawk said:

Which goes to show that there's more to enjoyable football than technically brilliant players. Two evenly matched teams going for it and you can have a fantastically enjoyable match whether it's World Cup final, an under-9 game or anywhere in between.

They say every cloud has a silver lining. The silver lining to not being in the Premier League? Not being in the Premier League.

Ive been finding the women's world cup brilliantly entertaining too. True it isnt as technical as the men's game but it is arguably more dynamic and it has been on the whole very competitive. Great entertainment.

I know we need to be Premier League but it is such a soulless place now.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Ive been finding the women's world cup brilliantly entertaining too. True it isnt as technical as the men's game but it is arguably more dynamic and it has been on the whole very competitive. Great entertainment.

I know we need to be Premier League but it is such a soulless place now.

Have you?  That’s nice. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Good start for us in terms of the other sides tipped to be up there.

Sunderland and Middlesbrough 0 from 6

Leeds 1 from 6 and in chaos

Southampton and Norwich decent returns but shipping a number of goals which may dip confidence. 

Points are more important than goals, in this league it’s all about winning. Premier league is different kettle where you need goals plus points. This league not so much it’s all about winning. We are well on track to get 80 plus points and I dare say better to be honest.

I am not worried about any other teams other than Ipswich who I feel with their momentum from last season that will help them. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Top 2 is us and them, I still expect the likes of Coventry City to kick on. Middlesbrough need players asap they have lost 50 goals from player contributions since last season.

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

The greatest NFL player of his generation being interviewed by some Z list presenter at god knows what hour on ITV

Having never seen the bloke before… does he always appear a David Hasslehoff look-a-like? 

Very weird and distracting! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Phube said:

Having never seen the bloke before… does he always appear a David Hasslehoff look-a-like? 

Very weird and distracting! 

It's what money does for you, way too much plastic surgery, helmet protecting his face and refs wrapped around his little finger to protect him. 

His looks changed over the years, the more he won the more work he had done lol

15 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

That Gnonto bloke at Leeds sounds like a right willy puller.  Absolutely gutted for Leeds and Saints that it’s all going tits up.  Just sad to see I mean, could you imagine either of them sinking down another division? Must be unlikely. Farke Cry 7, Sinking Like A Stone. 

Even when he’s playing he’s a moaning swine, seems like he’s got a face like a slapped arse every time I’ve seen him.

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Farke has walked into an absolute bin fire. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him do a Lopetegui if these players aren't replaced.

Surely he would have been aware of this before taking the job, they were losing players to clauses before he turned up.