Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

That in 2023 there are still morons around chanting this stuff.

I mean, there's been a huge swell in anti LGBT hate crimes over the last few years, leading to attacks like in Clapham, hardly a surprise that a crowd of predominantly drunk men would be chanting this shite

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I actually kind of feel bad for their fans, and Farke. That is some exodus.

They are in for a season of real struggle. Always one relegated side who flops and it looks like it's Leeds' turn with bells on. I do feel for their fans and Farke, who must be tearing his hair out. I suspect he won't finish the season there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

A little prediction.. Ainsworth get the chop at QPR and Lampard will end up their. 

Doubt QPR could afford him and he wouldn't want to go there.

11 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

We really did a great job deciding who we wanted to sell and who we didn't want.

Lesser managers would have carried on playing Castagne etc before they inevitably got sold.

With Leeds out of the picture, I really can't see any competition this season.

I reckon we go unbeaten. We'll have to grind out some games but I cannot see anyone in this league being good enough to beat us, especially if we get a couple more additions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Sideshow Faes
11 minutes ago, Asha said:

I reckon we go unbeaten. We'll have to grind out some games but I cannot see anyone in this league being good enough to beat us, especially if we get a couple more additions. 

Our defence is wide open on the transition ATM. We're going to have to learn very quickly now to stop that happening to even imagine that sort of season. If we want to play like man city reserves then our forwards are very quickly going to need to start committing those constant niggling fouls man city's constantly commit to stop breakaways at source.

2 hours ago, Asha said:

It is as nearer thing as impossible, of course we can’t and won’t. It is a 46 game season, Arsenal are the only side in English football to have an unbeaten run of this length or more.

Even teams who smash this division like Burnley, us 10 years ago, Reading when they set the points record etc have lost games even if just 2 or 3. 

You may be right that nobody is supposedly good enough to beat us but it is inevitable that there will be days we have an off day and a team have their performance of the season. 

If you really think we will be unbeaten, get money on it as I suspect it could give you a very very huge return!

4 hours ago, Asha said:

Our style will be subject to the sort of result you saw for Brighton v Everton last year. If a team is willing to go direct at us and has a bit of luck (or is very clinical), we will see a couple of heavy defeats. The key will be to do what Brighton did after that Everton defeat and not panic and come back strong.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Our defence is wide open on the transition ATM. We're going to have to learn very quickly now to stop that happening to even imagine that sort of season. If we want to play like man city reserves then our forwards are very quickly going to need to start committing those constant niggling fouls man city's constantly commit to stop breakaways at source.

Absolutely. I'd also feel better about our defence if our forwards were able to take more of our chances. I don't expect us to put teams to the sword every game, but going a couple of goals up quickly means we can focus on controlling the game. That means less need to force things, and easier for us to frustrate opponents.

9 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Absolutely. I'd also feel better about our defence if our forwards were able to take more of our chances. I don't expect us to put teams to the sword every game, but going a couple of goals up quickly means we can focus on controlling the game. That means less need to force things, and easier for us to frustrate opponents.

We need more creativity from the midfield and wide areas for our forwards, hopefully the signing of Casadei and the elusive RW whoever this is, will help us.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I actually kind of feel bad for their fans, and Farke. That is some exodus.

Some of our fans about a few weeks ago were bashing our club (zzz), saying how poor our signings were and we would get off to bad start due to pre season. And of course they said Leeds will be ahead of us signing players like Piroe and be there or thereabouts at the top.

Seems like their nonsense is short sighted.

And the homophobic chanting, makes me despise Leeds fans even more. I hope we spank them home and away.

• Like 3