Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

44 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Such an absolutely insane arrogant take, if serious. 

Over a 46 game season you will lose a game because surprises happen in football. We were for example already 10 minutes away from losing against Coventry. 

Stay grounded, stay humble and support the team with realistic expectations because at several times throughout the season it’ll get turgid and like running through treacle. Expecting us to go unbeaten is just embarrassing. 

He's just setting himself up for a massive whine when the team lets him down. This guy is a pro.

5 hours ago, Asha said:

With Leeds out of the picture, I really can't see any competition this season.

I reckon we go unbeaten. We'll have to grind out some games but I cannot see anyone in this league being good enough to beat us, especially if we get a couple more additions. 

I could understand this take if we'd won both are games by 5 or 6 goals, we don't look clinical in front of goal, we don't create a lot of chances, and the defence doesn't exactly look solid. I expect a game as frustrating as the 1-0 Southampton loss in March to come within the next 1-2 months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Asha said:

I reckon we go unbeaten. We'll have to grind out some games but I cannot see anyone in this league being good enough to beat us, especially if we get a couple more additions. 

Unbeaten is pushing it. Someone will beat us.

Scoring goals has always been my worry and still is. We've only just squeezed past both Cov and Huddersfield, both of which had good chances against us too.

We were far to good for League 1 but still got beat. Going unbeaten, at any level, is so tough.

5 hours ago, Asha said:

Boy is this going to age well. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We'll lose plenty of games. I'm still some way off being convinced we're a good bet to finish top 6, let alone win the league. You just can't tell very much off of 2 games.

We are far from a shoe-in for anything, what I would say though is that not reaching the top 6 will be an abject failure whichever way you cut it. 

• Like 1

Would anyone back a change to the play off system in the championship, I always think the national league play off system is a lot better. An extra spot is given and 2nd and 3rd are given extra advantage by going straight to the semi final round and instead of 2 legs there's just one.

5 hours ago, Asha said:

Love this.

Was it the Burton game that convinced you?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Asha said:

Absolute crap.

No team has EVER gone unbeaten in the second tier's 130 year history, including record-breaking Reading in 2006.

We're still gelling, could easily have lost against Coventry and probably would have done away from home with their home crowd in what is their biggest fixture of the season and will absolutely have off-days that teams will exploit.

If we lose fewer than 10 games, it's been a good season and we go up. But nobody will ever go unbeaten in this division. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asha said:

Two wins and you'll think we'll go unbeatenlol. That's ridiculous. We're going to lose games, make no mistake about that. I'm not that convinced by our performances so far, we've had quite a bit of luck I think. But with a few new signings we should be up there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Two wins and you'll think we'll go unbeatenlol. That's ridiculous. We're going to lose games, make no mistake about that. I'm not that convinced by our performances so far, we've had quite a bit of luck I think. But with a few new signings we should be up there.

It could be quite a tight division this season. I would be surprised if anyone gets 100 plus points like last season. 

7 hours ago, Asha said:

Maaattteee.

Even if we only lose a few I bet I could still pick em out...

Ipswich away on Boxing day... dead cert lol 

Milwall away... bet you

Plymouth away... that'll be two losses in a row just as we're trying to secure the title ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asha said:

I reckon we go unbeaten.

Is this your first season? That's the only way this statement could be forgiven. Firstly, going unbeaten is almost impossible.  Secondly, even if they thought it could happen, no sane football fan would say so for fear of jinxing it.

Me, I'm greatly encouraged by things so far, and I'm wildly optimistic for this season. But I'm also a seasoned Leicester fan, so all I'll say at this stage is I reckon we have a good chance of finishing top half.

7 hours ago, Asha said:

Ah drunk texting dont do it....🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Asha said:

I'm fully onboard with the optimism but it isn't happening. 

8 hours ago, Asha said:

Ipswich and Norwich look decent.