Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Unbeaten might be pushing it but it's mad how people on here get genuinely more angered by positivity than negativity. Sure some of you would much rather be proved right and us languish in the Championship for years.

Who is angry? People are taking the piss. 

And nobody is bothered by positivity, they're taking the piss out of someone suggesting we'll win every game which is just mind blowing levels of arrogance even when you're doing the whole joking-not-joking thing that NSLL is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And if someone posted in August 2015, after the West Ham away game, that we would go on and win the Premier League, you'd have all pretty much reacted the same way. 

We're Leicester City FFS. One team, one dream. :scarf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Who is angry? People are taking the piss. 

And nobody is bothered by positivity, they're taking the piss out of someone suggesting we'll win every game which is just mind blowing levels of arrogance even when you're doing the whole joking-not-joking thing that NSLL is. 

Who said we'll win every game? 

Longest unbeaten run in the championship was Reading in 05/06. 33 games. Highly unlikely anyone will go unbeaten for all 46, and we certainly do not look close to that imperious. They also have the record for most games won in a row (10) from the same season, and most points (106) also from the same season.

Edited by FoxesWalk

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Would anyone back a change to the play off system in the championship, I always think the national league play off system is a lot better. An extra spot is given and 2nd and 3rd are given extra advantage by going straight to the semi final round and instead of 2 legs there's just one.

Yes it is but it's all about money, more games more money.

Should be 3v6, 3 at home and 4v5, 4 at home, final at the highest finishing finalist.

Eliminates those awful 0-0 first legs where no one tries to win it (yes I know Posh 4 Sheff Wed 0).

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Boy is this going to age well. lol

I remember posts on here laughing and ridiculing posters thinking we were going to be relegated last season after we lost to Southampton at home!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Asha said:

And if someone posted in August 2015, after the West Ham away game, that we would go on and win the Premier League, you'd have all pretty much reacted the same way. 

We're Leicester City FFS. One team, one dream. :scarf:

Didn't someone make a thread after the 4-2 Sunderland win saying that? Maybe someone can find it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

100 point season is the benchmark we should be aiming for. Thinks its more than doable. 

Top two is the benchmark we should be aiming for.

All else is vanity and embellishment.

• Like 1

I'm with Asha regarding the unbeaten league run bet.

Seem to have more than enough quality to best many teams home and away, even with some who have been on the bench.

Stranger things have happened etc.

Edited by Wymsey

58 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I'm with Asha regarding the unbeaten league run bet.

Seem to have more than enough quality to best many teams home and away, even with some who have been on the bench.

Stranger things have happened etc.

We'll lose an absolute minimum of five games this season. Burnley only lost three last season, but drew a freakishly large amount.

47 minutes ago, Bilo said:

We'll lose an absolute minimum of five games this season. Burnley only lost three last season, but drew a freakishly large amount.

For some reason, I strongly doubt it.

Am not a betting individual, but can bet we won't lose more than 3 - at most.

If we lose more than 3, I'll donate £40 to this forum.

Lose no games - £100.

There's quite a few average teams in this league.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

For some reason, I strongly doubt it.

Am not a betting individual, but can bet we won't lose more than 3 - at most.

If we lose more than 3, I'll donate £40 to this forum.

Lose no games - £100.

There's quite a few average teams in this league.

I'd love it if you were right, but quality doesn't enter into it sometimes. We lost 1-0 to relegated Doncaster and 2-0 at home to a genuinely dreadful Notts Forest last time we were here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I'd love it if you were right, but quality doesn't enter into it sometimes. We lost 1-0 to relegated Doncaster and 2-0 at home to a genuinely dreadful Notts Forest last time we were here. 

I hope, ha; you're probably right.*

*Now watch us lose 1-0 tomorrow or at Rotherham, despite having numerous chances..:whistle:

Edited by Wymsey