Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

56 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Doing better than i was expecting though, considering they have a million injuries. 

I was thinking that too. When they come back they will be a force in this league. They will be up there I have no doubt at the business end. They need to nip the player unrest in the bud though. 

• Like 1

Other than Southampton, who do we reckon are the biggest threats to promotion for us? (Not saying that’s what will happen for us just that it is our target, obviously) 

I know it’s early days, but interested to hear peoples’ predictions. 

Leeds fans can’t be optimistic with their start. 

7 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I was thinking that too. When they come back they will be a force in this league. They will be up there I have no doubt at the business end. They need to nip the player unrest in the bud though. 

Currently injured they have:

Dallas - Average

Firpo - Average

Bamford - Will score in the Champ

Adams - Likely to leave

Not involved:

Sinisterra - Refusing to play

Gnonto - Refusing to play, handed in written transfer request.

Out of the ones who stay, I don’t think they improve Leeds aside from Bamford (and that’s saying something about the quality of their squad). 

They really need to go and source some quality in most positions and backup for almost every position too.

Currently, they’re in a pickle and it’ll take some ironing out. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Currently injured they have:

Dallas - Average

Firpo - Average

Bamford - Will score in the Champ

Adams - Likely to leave

Not involved:

Sinisterra - Refusing to play

Gnonto - Refusing to play, handed in written transfer request.

Out of the ones who stay, I don’t think they improve Leeds aside from Bamford (and that’s saying something about the quality of their squad). 

They really need to go and source some quality in most positions and backup for almost every position too.

Currently, they’re in a pickle and it’ll take some ironing out. 

They do need some work but I bet their fans say the same about us. It’s a game of opinions and I stand by mine. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

They do need some work but I bet their fans say the same about us. It’s a game of opinions and I stand by mine. 

They’re fans seem jealous that we got money in for at least a few of our players and actually brought some quality in, as well as keeping hold of a half decent squad (so far).

Unfortunately I see tonnes of Leeds fans on Twitter (X) and it’s a cesspit of delusion and moaning.

It is all opinions mate, that’s the beauty of football but I just don’t think their injury list is excessive and even with their whole squad fit, they’re still poor IMO.

Things will look a lot different in 2 weeks anyway, I’m just hoping we can capitalise while our squad remains one of the strongest. 

FWIW - I wasn’t trying to change your opinion, rather engage in conversation about a rival and one that unfortunately is highly visible to me.

I didn’t agree with the injury list comment made by @Suzie the Fox about Leeds having ‘a million injuries’. Which was mentioned by the terrible comms on the game last night. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

Don’t worry it’s an interesting discussion and your insight is great. We’re actually in a very similar position albeit we have seen more activity in terms of squad changes. Having watched their games and ours it shows the fine margins that exist in sport. We have managed to win games we could easily have lost whereas the reverse is true of Leeds. That itself is a very good sign for us but I think it is too early to tell whether this is the start of a new dawn or not. Time will tell. I desperately hope it is.  I would say Southampton are in a similar position to Leeds. It depends on whether the process and teamwork really starts to click and it’s not really happened yet for the three relegated teams. 

39 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

They’re fans seem jealous that we got money in for at least a few of our players and actually brought some quality in, as well as keeping hold of a half decent squad (so far).

Unfortunately I see tonnes of Leeds fans on Twitter (X) and it’s a cesspit of delusion and moaning.

It is all opinions mate, that’s the beauty of football but I just don’t think their injury list is excessive and even with their whole squad fit, they’re still poor IMO.

Things will look a lot different in 2 weeks anyway, I’m just hoping we can capitalise while our squad remains one of the strongest. 

FWIW - I wasn’t trying to change your opinion, rather engage in conversation about a rival and one that unfortunately is highly visible to me.

I didn’t agree with the injury list comment made by @Suzie the Fox about Leeds having ‘a million injuries’. Which was mentioned by the terrible comms on the game last night. 

11 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Other than Southampton, who do we reckon are the biggest threats to promotion for us? (Not saying that’s what will happen for us just that it is our target, obviously) 

Norwich

Coventry

Ipswich 

A side out of the blue

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pete52 said:

I shamefully lost interest in the Championship after we got out of it, and I tried to keep it that way over the summer. This means I'm completely clueless on who's good and who's not, which is exciting in a way.

It's a nice break from our league beong analysed, previewed & reviewed on a daily basis. You can't help but know what to expect from every Premier League game.

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Can't say i follow Leeds to much tbh, my comment was based on what i have read on various sites, the following just one example. 

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/west-brom/leeds-united-v-west-brom-injury-news-as-thirteen-ruled-out-and-six-doubts-4256885

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I shamefully lost interest in the Championship after we got out of it, and I tried to keep it that way over the summer. This means I'm completely clueless on who's good and who's not, which is exciting in a way.

It's a nice break from our league beong analysed, previewed & reviewed on a daily basis. You can't help but know what to expect from every Premier League game.

Nothing shameful about it! I'm only ever interested in whatever division we're in, and currently have no interest in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Southampton are poor.. They've sold a lot and really need in some reinforcements.

However, I see similarities between the way Southampton play and Leicester under Rodgers 

A lot of tippy tappy stuff with no real end product and can easily get at the defence.

Plymouth largely the better side but lack quality to create chances

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg