Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Seems like 5 minutes since the majority of FT was proclaiming Southampton as a the Championship version of prime Barc and champion elect. 

The majority? More like a few? While the rest simply conceded they’d probably be up there this season. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

I know it's only highlights but QPR missed a hatful of chances against Ipswich.

Town fan here. It was easily our worst performance of the season today and QPR deserved a point on the balance of play. I don't normally agree with the "sign of a good team is winning without playing well" thing but I'm not overly concerned with what happened today given that we've played well in our other games. What's impressed me most about our form since March is that we're winning games in different ways. We had a slump in early 2023 when we were keeping possession for the sake of it and became predictable (we had a similar problem at times today) but McKenna has adapted and in the tougher games we've learnt to play without the ball. Our counter attacking at Sunderland was superb. 

I'd be highly surprised if we stay the course at the top (I predicted 13th at the start of the season) but it's nice for us to be up there for now. Like half of the Championship, we need another striker and a left centre-back so it'll hopefully be a busy end to the window. If we come unstuck it'll be because there are a few positions in the side where the gap between the first and second choice options is very wide.

• Like 2