Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

48 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm believer i'm on the middle ground.

As a self proclaimed hater of playing out from the back and the branches off pure, constant possession based football having had PTSD from everything caused in the last 2+ years, how we were playing vs how we're now playing are like watching 2 different sports, this is a breath of fresh air, it's exciting, fast, and most importantly, forward, possession with purpose!

That doesn't mean it goes without criticisms and concerns though.

I know people who had absolutely no problems with the past 2+ years (Genuinely and seriously!) yet they're now claiming this is boring, i'm dumbfounded by them, I stand there in disbelief, part of me thinks they're are winding me up.

I think that, as this forum often demonstrates, people adopt a mindset for a particular situation and then just pin their ears back. Those that blindly defended BR will have done that in the same way that people vote for awful candidates/parties in elections, or believe in terrible people despite massive evidence against them - anything to avoid conceding that they might be shown to be wrong.

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

How are you guys doing without Maddison and Barnes' creativity in midfield?

Youve had a couple of late winners, but you can't argue with results. 

I thought about this last night, last season if neither of them scored or assisted, we looked lacking in creativity. Now there are no real stars in the midfield we have seen different players step up in key moments. 4 different match winners in each of the 4 games, it feels like more of a team effort than just looking at 2 players to create something.

• Like 4

Our away double header at Southampton and Norwich will be a good indication of where we're at. We've narrowly beaten some of the weaker teams (maybe excluding Cov) but these two will be direct rivals for promotion. 4 points out of those two games would be a superb return

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

How are you guys doing without Maddison and Barnes' creativity in midfield?

Youve had a couple of late winners, but you can't argue with results. 

13 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I thought about this last night, last season if neither of them scored or assisted, we looked lacking in creativity. Now there are no real stars in the midfield we have seen different players step up in key moments. 4 different match winners in each of the 4 games, it feels like more of a team effort than just looking at 2 players to create something.

Along with many of our problems last season quite a big factor is we had too many individuals, not a team, infact that had been going on for a long time, ultimately despite my vitriol and somewhat 'bitter' (by my own admission) opinions about pretty much anyone who had a part to play in last seasons debacle they are good players (Some of them. I'll still argue till i'm blue in the face about a few of them) but I don't give a **** about their talent, quality or ability, they didn't wanna be here and good riddance to them, i'm glad to see the back of them.

Obviously quality and talent trumps just hard work and endeavor but no matter how good you are you still need to apply that hard work and endeavor which hadn't been happening, a battling, hard working team effort is far more appreciative in my eyes.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You post more about Leeds than Leicester.

They’re our competition, possibly our main competition this season when it’s all said and done.  And their offseason has been one of the weirdest and most fascinating clusterfricks I’ve seen in a good while.

But hey - we all decide what we choose to be offended by…

Edited by Deeg67

wonder if Southampton will let Adams go too, think Tella will be a massive loss for them

Leeds look good going forward, dodgy asf at the back, suspect theyll get some defenders in before the window shuts

Norwich look impressive, as do Birmingham and Preston,

see Jay Stansfield scored the winner for Brum' too, think he'd a been a decent loan for us tbf if Daka had gone earlier

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

They’re our competition, possibly our main competition this season when it’s all said and done.  And their offseason has been one of the weirdest and most fascinating clusterfricks I’ve seen in a good while.

But hey - we all decide what we choose to be offended by…

I'm not offended, I actually enjoy the insight but just noticed that for the last year or more you post a lot about them and at the time Jesse Marsch.

Didn't know if there's an affiliation?

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Along with many of our problems last season quite a big factor is we had too many individuals, not a team, infact that had been going on for a long time, ultimately despite my vitriol and somewhat 'bitter' (by my own admission) opinions about pretty much anyone who had a part to play in last seasons debacle they are good players (Some of them. I'll still argue till i'm blue in the face about a few of them) but I don't give a **** about their talent, quality or ability, they didn't wanna be here and good riddance to them, i'm glad to see the back of them.

Obviously quality and talent trumps just hard work and endeavor but no matter how good you are you still need to apply that hard work and endeavor which hadn't been happening, a battling, hard working team effort is far more appreciative in my eyes.

A lot of Brentfords rise has been down to this collective effort. I've no doubts the quality will shine eventually, an players like Mcateer, and Wanya Marcal are getting opportunities, they wouldn'thave otherwise got in the prem. The years 2013-2017 we were definitely about the collective.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not offended, I actually enjoy the insight but just noticed that for the last year or more you post a lot about them and at the time Jesse Marsch.

Didn't know if there's an affiliation?

I did get more interested in them during the Marsch era, but their profound dysfunction has continued to prove fascinating.

• Like 1

Isn't it great being top of the league with 100% record compared to Everton with no points and facing a tough season. We would have struggled just like they are but now it's a fresh start and everyone is enjoying watching the Foxes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

Isn't it great being top of the league with 100% record compared to Everton with no points and facing a tough season. We would have struggled just like they are but now it's a fresh start and everyone is enjoying watching the Foxes.

I'd rather do what we've done and have the chance to reset early. It shouldn't have been allowed to happen but I'd take it over scraping survival and still having that charlatan in charge.

It must be agonising supporting Everton 

• Like 3

What a great game! Leeds look scary, amazing pace with their wingers, I think they would cause us serious problems given the way we play as the ball behind Vestergaard (or even Coady when he returns) is always going to be on. Ipswich also looking good, but stylistically seem more like us, IE a more methodical build up.

Extended highlights for Norwich aren't out yet, but most fans are saying they have looked like the most impressive team performance wise so far.

The strange thing we are on maximum points without being at our best.  After the International Break and with the squad settled, I think we will start to see some more positive and exciting performances. 

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What a great game! Leeds look scary, amazing pace with their wingers, I think they would cause us serious problems given the way we play as the ball behind Vestergaard (or even Coady when he returns) is always going to be on. Ipswich also looking good, but stylistically seem more like us, IE a more methodical build up.

Extended highlights for Norwich aren't out yet, but most fans are saying they have looked like the most impressive team performance wise so far.

Contains defensive mistakes I’ve yet to see opposition we’ve faced make, some laughable defending 

• Like 1